Nucleus with 2TB internal storage

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Nucleus via Ethernet to Apple Airport → wifi to devices

Connected Audio Devices

Nucleus via USB to external DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

small - I have 98% of 1774 GB available storage

Description of Issue

I have a cheap CD burner attached to Nucleus via USB. On the Web Interface I see CD Ripper connected. I can press eject there and the burner does eject. However - the status there remains “Waiting for CD” even after I’ve added a CD. It never initiates the rip.

Is your Nucleus up to date? I think such an issue existed in earlier Roon OS versions but was fixed in Roon OS 1.0 build 254 last year:

Check your version of Roon OS on the web admin page of the Nucleus:

Roon OS should show version 1.0 build 254. Roon Server Software should show as 2.0 (build 1244) production.

If lower than that, you can update it right at the web admin interface as described in Update Nucleus Firmware from the Web Administration Interface on

If you have got the latest versions of Roon OS and Roon Server, then the other thing to try is to refresh your web browser - I don’t think the Nucleus ever did this for the the CD rip function, so you need to explicitly refresh the browser to see the current state of the rip…

Nucleus is up to date. And I am refreshing the web browser to see if the status updates - nothing changes. It never initiates the rip.

Weird, there were quite many posts about this before the fix in OS build 254 and nothing since, so I guess the fix must have worked.

Maybe some kind of compatibility issue with this specific drive. I suppose you tried more than one CD? Does it work attached to a PC? And can you try a different drive with the Nucleus?

I am able to use the same external ripper to rip to my laptop and add to Roon manually. I did try multiple CDs on the NUC nothing worked. I don’t have another external ripper to try with the NUC - was hoping to find some troubleshooting steps that would sort it out with this drive before having to buy another.

Sorry, out of ideas. When Roon support works through to your thread they may be able to get some logs

Hi @Aaron_With,

The team has had a chance to review diagnostics related to the failed CD ripping - thank you for your patience.

This USB CD/DVD device appears to show outdated USB bridging in logs - the failure traces we investigated concluded you’ll likely not encounter this problem on a newer drive.

We’re happy to answer any questions.

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.