Cd + streaming in one box solution

Hello everybody,

I’m trying to find a streamer and a cd player in one box solution.
Can someone of you pointing me at some specific model and brand?

I’m not interested in all in one solution with amplifier section, I just need streaming + cd player.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

I would suggest keeping them as separate boxes. Streamers are all computers that will eventually obsolesce while the CD player will keep on chugging. I would never get any device that is part “streamer”, they are better left separate so the streamer can be changed as needed. Also, why add all the extra electrical noise from the computer section when just playing back a CD?

But, to your question, doing a google search on “CD Player and streamer all in one” returns many, I’ve included 2 links at different price points:

Edit: removed because I linked the wrong one

2 Likes

Thank you Daniel for your suggestion.

I thought it was better to keep separate the streamer/network player from the amplifier section.
An all in one solution for digital sources would also be ideal for the space I have left. I have single boxes for DAC, Pre + mono power amps.

I tried of course some googling but I couldn’t find any real answer for my request.
The Cambridge you linked doesn’t seem to have a cd mechanism. I will look into the Primare.

Does anyone here is using the CD Player and streamer all in one solution?

You might find more hits if you search for an SACD / streamer in one. Here are two:

Mark Levinson № 5101 Streaming SACD Player/DAC

1 Like

You might be better served by going with a two box solution, Get a good streamer that has a COAX input, and then get a small CD player with a COAX out. Plug the CD player into the streamer and done.

Like the DMP-A6 a really well regarded streamer which has a Coax and Toslink In. Add a CD or Blu Ray player with a Coax out and done. Probably less than 1000 all in.

1 Like

Marantz CD50 they are becoming Roon Ready soon but in the meantime their is workarounds to get it to work or you can use Airplay. It’s very well reviewed.

3 Likes

Naim Uniti Star, DCS Rossini Player, some T&A models. All quite expensive I’m afraid.

3 Likes

@Andrea_Campi1 What is you budget range?

Could help with suggestions

1 Like

I’m ok up to 5000 euro.
The best solution for me would be a CD transport + network player with Roon Ready and no DAC, no Amplifier nor I care about a screen.

I’m looking into the previous suggestions right now.

Thank you

1 Like

Marantz M-CR612 is what I have used. Its power supply died twice though. Never bought Marantz again afterwards.

Now I am using Cambridge Audio equipment. All separate devices.

1 Like

Marantz sacd 30n. Works well with Roon and sounds marvelous.

2 Likes

Should be Roon Ready as well soon if all goes well with HEOS and Roon.

1 Like

Looks like the Primare is on pole position for a listening test. The Marantz in a second row just because is still not Roon Ready.
Thank you guys for your response. Much appreciated!

1 Like
1 Like

My choice would be the Ayre CX-8, especially if you have a fully balanced preamp or integrated amp (I’d still recommend this even for single-ended systems).

1 Like
1 Like

This thread seemed best place to ask: does anybody with a Naim Uniti Star know if you can play a CD on it and then use the Naim app to stream multiroom to other Naim devices (eg the Muso and Muso QB)?

I understand that isn’t possible via Roon but please say if it is with the Uniti Star or any other CD player?

Thanks