Centralized Multi-Room Audio Set-Up with Roon

Dang! That’s the CORE/DAC as well! Thanks Karl. How does it sound? Have you ever tried to group play all the associated zones? That’s a lot of processing power. Very interesting. I’d love if they would show their specs. Are there 4 DAC’s, etc.

I have 13 zones configured. Of the 13 zones 9 can be linked together or operated independently,
as they are all from the Meridian family of surround sound processors and MS200 endpoints. The other four rely on AppleTv.

Thanks. Have you ever tried to group play all 9 Meridian zones? Is the core Sooloos? I’m not familiar with it but know what it started out to be.

The most that I have had grouped at one time was I think 6 or 7. Did not have it playing in the garage or on the patio. This was during a family gathering. I am using a late 2012 Mac mini with SSD as the Core.

Ropiee will also do so, volume support depends on the HAT. My Hi Fi Berries do analogue volume via Ropiee.

WIP (waiting for an extra layer of the cluster case).

But here is my multi zone setup.

1 Like

That looks way cool. As to the cables bigger is better approach here. Like it. Tell us more about it please.

Left is a Pi2Designs AES HAT connected via AES to an RME ADI2pro into tube pre and power amplifiers (and Audiostatic speakers)

Middle are two HiFiBerry DAC2HDs analogue into two zones of my old multi room controller (Systemline), and a Pi4 running Home Assistant.

Right is another HiFiBerry DAC2HD, this time with a HiFiBerry Amp hat, driving the built in speakers in my shower room. And a DigiOne Hat spdif into a Musical Fidelity M6 Dac also connected to a zone in the multi room controller.

Home assistant can control the old multi-room system via IR blasters, so can turn zones on and off when the roon zones start playing.

Similar story on the tube amps.

You can see HA in action controlling the tube amp here

Yes, I’ve done group play across at least 3 zones without problem. I have a separate Core, so I have not used it in that mode. It sounds great, at least as good as the CI580 it replaces and for less money.

1 Like