Change Network share account

Hi,

I’ve got a problem with my Roon installation on my Windows 10 PC.

I initially setup watched folders on my Synology NAS using a dedicated read only account.
After that I wanted to be able to use delete commands from Roon to manage my audio files. Since there is no way (or I haven’t figured out) to change the account used for a network share, I deleted all my watched folders.
Then I recreated them without account/password to make Roon use my Windows session account.

If I I access a share on my NAS with Windows file explorer and then launch Roon, Roon uses my session account.

I I start Roon just after opening a session, Roon uses the read only account that I specified when I created the first watched folders. If I access to a NAS share with Windows explorer, the same account is used.

How can I delete the read only account that seems to be saved somewhere in Roon configuration ?

Hey @AdZero,

We are aware of this issue and have a fix in works. I don’t think there is a temporary workaround other than starting from scratch :frowning:

I suggest you to wait till the release.of the fix.

Apologies for inconveniences,
Vova

Hi.

Is there any update about this issue ?
I’m currently trying to migrate to ROCK and restoring my backup also restores this unwanted behavior.
I want to use a dedicated account for my ROCK device and do not want an old test account or, worse, my own user account with higher privileges to be used.
Have you got any workaround (samba settings reset…) or any ETA for a fix ?

Thanks.

Hi @AdZero ---- Thank you for the follow up and more importantly thank you for your patience here.

Continuing forward, the fix Vova mentioned in his response should be active on your account and in light of this may I very kindly ask you for the following:

• Please verify that all the elements of your setup are currently running the latest build (i.e build 300)

• Please close down the application on the device currently hosting Roon, then reboot the machine, launch Roon again, and confirm if you are experiencing the same issue.

After you’ve performed the above, if the issue persists after the re-boot/re-launch, you may want to try re-launching the application one more time just to verify that the behavior has not changed.

-Eric

Hi.

Since my last post, as I wanted to end my migration to ROCK quickly, I figured out a way to correct this.

First step :

I disabled every configured storage entry pointing to my NAS.
Then I added a new network share (with dedicated Roon account and password) using the NAS IP address instead of its DNS name and added my watched folders back.
Everything seemed to be back in the library.
Last, I deleted the old network share.

Second step :

I did a new backup of my Windows 10 Core installation and then restored it on my new ROCK device.
Everything was fine after restore except that nearly half of my tracks were processed for audio analysis again… which took nearly 15 hours…
I don’t know why this happened… on ROCK only. I did a previous restore on my Windows Core wich was fine.

Third step :

Once audio analysis completed, I did the the same thing as in first step but in reverse order (replacing IP address by DNS name). After a rescan of each folder, I deleted the network share with IP address.

Now everything seems back to normal and my Roon Core use its dedicated account to connect to my NAS shares.
It took me hours to do this… It would be far more easier to be able to edit existing network share settings… to change account/password or anything else…

@Eric :

• both my Windows Core and my ROCK core are running the last build
  • can you explain the nature of the fix and why it would be active on my account (only) ?

Thanks (anyway).

Thank you for the follow up @AdZero and my apologies if the wording in my previous was a bit confusing (i.e “your account”). Please allow me to explain.

My mentioning of “your account” was in reference to the fact that the mentioned fix had been deployed for all Roon users, and that it should be in “place” based on the assumption that you have been updating regularly. Which is why I asked if all elements in your setup were running the latest build.

-Eric