Changed computers. Playlist on old one doesn't show up on the new one

Roon Core Machine

Old computer- Dell Inspiron laptop. New computer- LG gram laptop. Had same problem when I installed Roon NUC. (Which I’m not using anymore.) Both laptops run Windows 10.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Streaming through Bluesound Node 2i or Oppo UDP 205.
Router is stock Spectrum device, supplied by internet provider.

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

A playlist I compiled while using my old laptop does not show up when I use my new laptop. It didn’t show up when I tried using a Roon NUC either. Other playlists appear same on both computers. It’s just this one that is missing. Unfortunately, it’s my favorite!

If you made the playlist in Tidal or Qobuz then it should show up. If you made the playlist in Roon, then you will need to restore a backup of the database you were using when you made the playlist to the current machine.

Thanks. How do I do that?

Do you take Backups? Was there anything in Settings==>Backups==>Scheduled backups on your old machine?

If the answer is no and you are looking for playlists that exist only in Roon, then you are SOOL, unless you can temporarily bring Roon Core up on the old machine and take a backup.

Once you have backups, then Settings==>Find backups is the place to start.

If your old machine is still available and you have backups there then you can find them in RoonBackups folder by treating the drive on your old machine as a shared networked drive.

This worked. Got all saved material back. Thanks!

1 Like