Changing genre of artist deletes custom artist picture

Roon very often adds “rock” as a genre where this is simply wrong. When you edit out this genre from an artist that has a custom picture this picture goes back to the default

@support please check this bug

1 Like

Hi @stevev1,

Can you share some screenshots or a video of the process you’re going through here? I just tried this out and things worked okay on my end and the custom art was not removed.

see below

added both video from mac as screenshots from iPad

I appreciate the videos, @stevev1! I’m going to pass these along to the team so they can investigate. I’ll be sure to update you once I receive their feedback here.

Update — The team got back to me and let me know that they are not seeing the same behavior on their Mac and iOS devices. Moving forward with troubleshooting, I’d like to enable some diagnostics on your account.

Can you reproduce this behavior one more time and respond here with the time that you do this as well as the artist you do this for. Once this is done the team will take a closer look.

Thanks!

just now 20:23h :slight_smile:
Esperanza Spalding

changed back to my edited image 20:26h

link to my edited image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/smbpxuuhhdsmjzz/stevev1-Esperanza-Spalding.jpg?dl=0

if you need any more info just let me know as I really would like roon to leave my edits alone :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve noticed the same problem – many times. It’s one of the reasons why I have a folder with all my artist pictures in it. Would be really great if this bug could be fixed…

Hi @stevev1,

I wanted to reach out because I’ve been keeping an eye on our servers, waiting for the aforementioned diagnostics report.

For some reason it is not reaching our servers, even after I tried re-enabling diagnostics on your account. I also ran a quick test and I was able to submit a similar report from my setup here, so something else is going on.

So we can move forward, I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link. We will need logs from your Core machine.

here’s the link to the logs zip file

Thanks @stevev1! Passing those along now.

Any news regarding this?

Hi @stevev1,

I just checked our internal tracker and this is still under investigation by the technical team. I just reached out to them to see if they have any updates. As soon as we have more info I’ll be sure to update you here.

Thanks!

Hi @stevev1,

Apologies for the delayed response on this. I’ve discussed your report with the team and I have some feedback from that discussion.

The reason you’re seeing these edits disappear is the same as mentioned here by Mike.

We’re aware of some reasons that can cause Roon’s identification of the artist to change and we have projects in the works to address this and prevent it from happening. We can’t provide any specific timeframes at the moment, but we definitely want to make sure that issues like the one you’re experiencing are resolved.

When we have more information about this we will be sure to reach out here. We appreciate you patience, and you have our sincere apologies for the continued trouble.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.