Changing the music folder from Synology to the one in Hifi Rose

Roon Core Machine

Synology DS920+, 8gb RAM, 4TB SSD (vol1), 2x4 TB cache memory,
I want to change the control of Roon over the Music library on Synology to the music library integrated on Rose RS150B. How would I proceed.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Disable the current Storage in roon, settings, Storage.
I found these instructions to get to the 150 ,below on the hifi rose support site, hope they help.

Hello, this is HiFiROSE.
May I check your steps?

Roon - Setting - Storage - Network

You will see ‘Network Share Location’

1. Type in ‘smb://’
  2. Type in your IP address that you can check on RS201 Setting
  3. You will see your Media Library address in ‘MUSIC - Setting - Media Library’ like this /Storage/RS1234
  4. Type in ‘RS1234’ only

Example) smb://123.456.7.8/RS1234

For Username, put the ID that you made on RS150 - System Setting - Storage Setting - SMB ID/PW Setting
For Password, put the PW that you made in RS150 - System Setting - Storage Setting - SMB ID/PW Setting

Futile attempt. DSM 7 no longer allows apps to mount shares. Mount the share on the OS level instead:

1 Like

Thanks for the correction.

Thank you for you answer. It didn’t work. I tried to mount the share on the OS level and didn’t succeed

Read the manual of your product to find out how network sharing is enabled/configured. Can you access/see it from another PC? If it doesn’t work for you, please consider to contact your dealer or manufacturer (HiFi Rose).

PS:

Sounds like a generally bad idea regarding network architecture (traffic) wise. I hope you know what you do or better leave things as they are currently.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.