Changing username on the forum

How do I keep my actual name from appearing in the forum? I would not think that would be a default. I searched. I am not the first one to raise the issue. But the method to stop it I read on the forum does not seem to still exist.

6 Likes

Hi @diver110

Itā€™s an option in Preferences (cogwheel under your avatar menu, top right) that users can edit. Iā€™ve deleted your name.

Many thanks. I actually saw that instruction, but now realize I looked in the wrong place.

@andybob,

I cant seem to be able to edit mineā€¦

Hi @Fernando_Fuentes,

I think user name isnā€™t editable, but name should be. You donā€™t currently have anything entered in the name box. Best course now is to leave a post in this thread with preferred username. Mods will effect the change.

1 Like

I had that issueā€¦ a quick ping to @Eric and he not only managed to sort out my name/user but changed it and it even was done on the fly, didnā€™t even have to re-login IIRC ā€¦ this forum system is pretty flexible it seems.

I edited the topic a tad from Done to I donā€™t :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Please @andybob change my user name to ā€œSonicYouth95ā€ or something similar if necessary. Thank you :smiley:

Done !
ā€¦

1 Like

i went into prefs and canā€™t edit my user nameā€¦just want jc for username shown please

Hi joe,

Minimum user name length in Discourse is three characters. Iā€™ve changed you to j_c if you like that.

sure thanks.

Please @andybob would you be as kind as to change my user name to orbscure - many thanks in advance my fiend :slight_smile:

@done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Many thanks RBM :smile:

Please change mine to Mads, thx :smile:

Hi @Mads :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please change my username to ā€˜thegentlesurpriseā€™ thanks!

@thegentlesurprise all set

(the ā€œnameā€ field is editable for you)

Awesome, thanks!

1 Like

Could you please change my username to ā€˜Thierryā€™?
Thanks!