Welcome to Community; it’s great to have you here!
As you may have noticed, the Discourse software that powers our Community defaults to your full name when setting up your profile.
Want to use a different name? No problem! You can change your username to anything you’d like, as long as:
- It’s not being used by another Community member
- Doesn’t infringe the Community guidelines
- is at least three characters long
- It doesn’t contain any spaces (tip: you can use an underscore _ for a space)
New Community members have three days to change their username on their own. After that, username changes require moderator assistance.
To change your username simply follow these steps:
- Click your profile icon in the top right-hand corner of your screen
- Click profile
- Click preferences
- Use the edit pencil next to username to make changes
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to remove your full name, if desired
- Click Save Changes
If more than three days have passed since you created your account, please contact our friendly moderators here to request a username change.
Thank you for joining the conversation!