Chinese artist?

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

When using radio I got Chinese artist …

It would be helpful if you provided a little more information, e.g., what track or album seeded Roon Radio, and the streaming service(s) you use.

1 Like

I can’t say where it started, but it was any track after that. Anyway we do not want chinese tracks and text in Roon if we are not chinese

Check your play history, to identify the track. What genre? For all we know, the track could be by a classical pianist from Korea.

1 Like

No Korean or Chinese

It started after Freya Ridings and Maria Mena
Both songs and text in Chinese

Unless you provide the information requested, i.e., the offending track and that preceding it, it’s not possible to understand what may be happening. No doubt, Roon support would need a timestamp, too.

Incidently, I have deleted one of your posts. Please be mindful of the community guidelines.

1 Like

You have got the answer
Read above
“Freya Riding and Maria Mena” do you need more than that?
Was played before all the Chinese tracks

No problem with Chinese artist if it is music related to my list, but it was not and all descriptions where in Chinese to

About deleting post
If someone answer me in a stupid way, it must be okey to tell him “not to be stupid” I could se you delete his to … but not before my reaction
Thanx anyway :innocent:

Of course, for example, the artist name and track. Moreover, the same information for the “Chinese” track.

No, this is not acceptable–please read the community guidelines. If you have an issue with a post, flag it for moderation.

1 Like

It’s because you spent a lot of money on a chinese streamer! :sweat_smile:
Sorry, just kidding! :innocent:

I am not familiar with the artist KIM(?) but i play Freya Ridings pretty regularly, and i don’t think i’ve ever seen asian artists pop up in Roon Radio.

What’s your library comprised from? Local files? Tidal?Qobuz?

Edit:
Oh, you can see what the “seed” was, by looking at the queue in Roon Remote. Bottom left is some explanatory text…

2 Likes

If Roon Radio kicks in its anyone’s guess as to what may be played next.

I have at times ended up with artists and genres not related. This has been a welcomed experience. Sometimes the track and album names are in the respective language of the artist.

If you wish to not listen to a particular song/artist that Roon Radio plays, hit the :-1:and Roon Radio will learn, in time.

@Martin_Webster is correct though, when you write a support post it can be most helpful if you complete the associated template. Sometimes it becomes clear to an issue when doing this, and sometimes the OP (you) may see why.

Also, a quick read of Roon’s Knowledge Base is a good helpful start.

:joy::joy::joy:

I do not know how it happens
My only attention was to rapport a bug if it’s a bug

I think I had something to do with the new Musik service KKBox

I only stream from my own 51000 tracks and Qobuz
Best of the best :ok_hand:

1 Like

I’m not a newbie
Streamed music last 25 years

Everything is written if you read the thread

I think it’s better to let the staff do this :wink:

Good luck with your approach to those wishing to help you :wink:

3 Likes

I’m so sorry
My answer was not meant to you
Use my iPhone and was answering another person in another tread.
But I did not I can see

Sorry :disappointed:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 17 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.