Choppy and a bit crackly it’s geek pulse

I am able to play Roon through my AV receiver and it sounds amazing. Now I would like to be able to use my geek pulse DAC but when I enable it, the sound is choppy and crackly. I tested my DAC through JRiver 25 and it works fine so I know it’s not the DAC itself. I also periodically restart the geek pulse because sometimes there have been problems with it not working unless I restart it.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hi @Gary_Schwartz,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Additionally:

• Can you share screenshots of Device Setup for this device in Roon?
  • Does this occur for all content in Roon (TIDAL/Qobuz, local, all sample rates)?
  • Can you share a screenshot of the signal path when playing to this device?

I’m using a toshiba Satellite laptop P855 - S5200.

I have an external hard drive plugged into it.

I am connected via an ethernet cable.

Using Geek Pulse DAC

I forgot to mention that it has the same skipping crackling type problem in TIDAL as well . And I’m using Windows.
I just spoke to someone who said they had a problem with their geek pulse and Roon playing it through windows. He switched DAC and it’s fine.

I figured it out. My DAC was plugged into a USB port that couldn’t handle it so I switched ports and now it works fine .
Love it.
Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.