Chord Hugo 2 + 2go + Roon

Thanks for your response.

I have not tested the Hugo 2/2 go combo with Ethernet - hard wire - unfortunately - I don’t have any direct connections in my listening area and it will take time to get that organized.

The main reason I went with this set up was because of the transportable and wireless capabilities. I get fairly solid and reliable connections when not using dsp and when not using Roon ( ex mconnect)

I use mojo poly with a mesh system. It’s been great with Roon but I don’t use DSP or upsampling.

Thanks for the input.

As I mentioned in a previous response, hard wiring is not a practical option for me.

I have checked the “” demand “ on cpu and sometimes I get no numbers and sometimes I get numbers ranging from 15 to 95. I haven’t kept a log as to what numbers result from what activity.

I believe higher numbers are better but I have to recheck that info on Roon.

I tried limiting the dsp settings to only headroom to see if limited demand solved the problem - it did not help.

My initial conclusions (but I don’t have the confidence in my knowledge on the issue) is that Roon is demanding more from the MBP than it can provide - which, considering that the only major demand, is disappointing. I’m not that in love with Roon that I would now spend hundreds of dollars on a new core machine with no guarantee it will solve the issue - not to mention the time involved to trouble shoot the process again.

I see Roon as a prospective Cost-effective solution to multi room playback via one tidal or qobuz account - but I’m still not sure how I want to configure my home for that

Again - thanks for the input

If your numbers are 15 - 95 (and sometimes none which means higher than that) the MBP capacity is not the problem, overload would be when the numbers get down near 1. The MBP is fine for you.
And if limiting DSP to headroom doesn’t help, that means your DSP is not overloading the network with more data.
Excellent, those are the two key tests I can think of.

The next test would be a wired connection. I understand that is not a practical solution for you, but do it just as a test: temporarily move the 2go+Hugo2 close to a wired Jack or to the MBP itself and see if that solves it. Or if that’s not feasible, I have sometimes gotten a very long Ethernet cable and run it through rooms and up or down stairs, just to see if that solves it — if it does that tells you it’s a problem with wifi.
I don’t know what would be the cause. Some people here have talked about the 2go being bad at wifi, but I have the same 2go+Hugo2 combination and have had no problems. (My 2go failed completely for some other reason, I just got a replacement under warranty, neither had wifi problems.)

But once you have tested with a cable, we know if troubleshooting wifi is required.

Btw, do the 2go and Hugo2 have up to date firmware? Some people have suggested the things were bad in the beginning and then got better. I have no experience like that. I think Chord’s GoFigure app can check that…

I’ll make some time to test a wired connection -

note that my 2go works only on wifi and I have no issues with it when used with: ROON, no dsp and TIDAL via mconnect (no ROON)

the 2go is fairly new - maybe less than 6 mos - so I have not checked if it needs a firmware update - I’ll look into that as well - good idea.

I’m using a netgear orbi mesh system and it’s been fairly stable - (and i reboot the modem and router every 2-4 weeks)

Again, I sincerely appreciate your spending the time to share your experience and ideas. With a bit of luck, maybe we can detect the issue.

In general, I refer to my original post where I referred to my lack of patience (and time) to devote to this level of troubleshooting - especially when it’s not clear where the problem really lies. I’m no technophobe - but I prefer gear that just works - for example - any wifi issues I have - when I report them to my provider (spectrum) they always come up with a song and dance as to what it might be - only to eventually conclude they had an issue in my area and I was one of the first to report it.

I do appreciate your assistance - thanks