Chord Hugo 2's Windows driver, don't use it!

Long story short, I recently uninstalled the Chord Hugo 2 driver from my computer completely, the improvement of the sound quality is day and night, plus no more noise issue that I had before with the higher sample rate. So if you are not satisfied with the sound quality or experiencing noise/crackling sound issue with your Hugo 2 via USB connection before, give this solution a try.

I thought that the Chord Hugo drivers were essential to the correct functioning of the device?
I would aslo think a reinstall of drivers would be more appropriate if there’s an obvious issue.

Which driver is your post about?

ASIO or WASAPI ?

Which did you uninstall?

Uninstall both Chord drivers, you should see them when you open control panel->uninstall program, after that just use the default WASAPI from Windows.
this is what’s on my the other computer, there should be another one named Chord ASIO version 1.0.5

I thought so too before, until when I set up a new PC during the weekend and I decided to try without the Chord driver, I was shocked how good it sounds, just to compare, I installed the Chord driver on my new PC after, but it sounds like a downgrade to me, and the worst part of the Chord driver is the strange white noise/crackling sound when play with high sample rate sound tracks.

Thanks for the information, I’ll give it a try…:pray:t5:

I don’t have any issues with Hugo2 and Chord’s ASIO driver. I was just curious what the issue is.

I mostly use Hugo2 with macOS though, which doesn’t need additional drivers.

Since Win10 natively supported UAC2 , then it should be fine without Chord’s driver, just like macOS and Linux.