Chord Hugo Sampling Rate

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac Roon Build Version 1.6 (Build 401)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

High Speed fibre internet 200mbps, Apple Extreme router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Ayre QX20 and Chord Hugo

Description Of Issue

When I play Tidal Master through Roon the QX20 decodes at 96 Hz but the Hugo decodes at 44 Hz.
However if I play Tidal Master directly both the QX20 and Hugo will decode at 96 Hz.

Why doesn’t Hugo receive 96 Hz file when playing Master from Tidal through Roon?

Thanks,
Somboon

Can you post a screen print of your signal path, device setup, and any DSP options you might be using?

You’re using the QX20 on one endpoint and the Hugo on another endpoint?

Both endpoints are connected to the same iMac.
The QX20 is connected thru LAN and the Hugo is connected with USB.

Thanks,
Somboon

I think @support is also going to want to see the ‘Advanced’ section of device setup for the Hugo.

Don’t forget the signal path for the Hugo when it is playing a track.

Also, although it doesn’t matter, why are you using DoP? The Hugo can play native DSD.

I finally solved it.
I had to enable the Hugo in the Setting>Audio section and set as Exclusive Mode.
Previously I only selected the System Output.
It works now.

By the way, what is DoP?

Thanks,
Somboon

1 Like

Under ‘DSD Playback Strategy’, you have ‘Digital over PCM (DoP)’.

DoP is a way to package DSD files for DACs that can’t do native DSD.

Set it to ‘Native’. It will result in less Core processing. For SQ, it doesn’t really matter.

Sorry I don’t see ‘Native’ from the menu.

Hmm, I know the Hugo can do native. Don’t know why that isn’t a menu choice. Someone else will undoubtably explain that. :slightly_smiling_face:

Probably doesn’t matter.

Have fun.

From the Hugo manual:

HD USB Input
The high definition (HD) USB input is the highest quality method of digital playback. This
input is asynchronous and uses Hugo’s own highly accurate clock circuit. This input will
support 384kHz PCM/DXD and also DSD64 and DSD128 in DoP format.

From the Chord Hugo 2 website -

" PCM support:** 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 358.8kHz, 384kHz, 717.6kHz, and 768kHz.

DSD support:** Native playback supported. DSD64 (Single) to DSD512 (Octa-DSD)"

But of course that’s the Hugo 2, so that’s the discrepancy.:blush:

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Best,
Somboon

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.