Chord Mscaler and DAVE icons on signal path

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Macbook Pro - OSX Catalina running Roon 1.6

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Eero mesh 1 router, two beacons. Mac connected to router via ethernet cable.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
My Mscaler is connected to my Dave via BNC1 and my Macbook Pro connected to the Mscaler via USB.
I have lcd4 connected to the D.

Description Of Issue
My Chord Mscaler is identified on Roon but on the signal path it should be feeding my DAVE via BNC1 output but the DAVE icon isn’t showing up on the signal path, only the HMS does! Does the Mscaler icon like contains the DAVE in it?

I remember seeing before the Cord Dave and than my Audeze, but now my signal path is showing only the MQA core on my Mac if Im streaming a MQA file via Tidal masters and the Mscaler icon.

Please advise how to setup it correctly in order to see the signal path right.

Hello @Zohar_Levi,

You can switch the zone icon from the M Scaler to the Dave in the “Device Setup” screen for the zone. Click on the “Not your device?” button and then select the Chord Dave in the device browser, making sure to click “Save” before exiting the “Device Setup” screen.

You will not be able to have the M Scaler and the Dave appear in the Signal Path at the same time.

-John

thank you very much john!
much appreciated,
what are you suggesting then ?
if i have an mscaler hooked up to DAVE should i rather setup identified
chord device as mscaler or dave for optimum performance and quality ?
what should i choose ?
now it is setup as M scaler

cheers
Zohar

Hello @Zohar_Levi,

The icon you choose be will have no impact on sound quality. Choose whichever one you think looks best!

-John

but behind the icon there is a device with its own and unique setup.
the M scaler now is “ Roon tested” which means “ maximum compatibility”
if its just an icon why it went into roon tested process
i am missing something here😟

Hello @Zohar_Levi,

You can read more about the Roon Tested program here:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Roon_partner_programs#Roon_Tested_DACs

Because of the similar feature sets of the DAVE and M Scaler, Roon’s configuration for the devices will be the same.

-John

:+1::pray:t2:thank you John!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.