Chord Poly + ARC [Already possible]

Jim you’re not understanding what I want to do. I don’t want to use the Poly by itself with RoonArc. I simply want to be able to stream over WiFi from the from my phone to Poly while I’m playing RoonArc in the same WiFi network as my phone.

I don’t know for sure, but trying to use WIFI will break your cellular connection to your Roon core. Use a wired connection. Your phone can’t connect to WIFI and cellular at the same time.

You’ll be pleased to know that the Poly can work with Roon ARC, but only using Bluetooth, i.e., 44.1 kHz.

To achieve this, open the GoFigure app, and turn off Roon Ready mode. Next, go to settings and turn on Airplane / Bluetooth Mode. Finally, in iOS, open Settings > Bluetooth, and pair the Poly with the iPhone. This adds a second Poly to My Devices with an :information_source: icon on the right; click in the icon and change device type to headphones. Then connect the new Bluetooth device.

1 Like

For reference…

I’ll be closing this feature request shortly.

Yes, I’m aware @Martin_Webster. But to have a Mojo2/Poly deteriorate such good potential sound with use of BT doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

The limitation isn’t in Roon ARC, but in the way the Poly connects to other devices using Wi-Fi, i.e., Roon Ready, MPD, and DLNA.

I spoke to Chord this morning and they are working on solutions.

1 Like