Chord Poly Connection Problem

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
ThinkPad t460 Windows 10

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
2.4 WiFi.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Chord Poly WiFi.

Description Of Issue
I’ve been having a long standing issue with almost every aspect of my Chord Poly and was a reason I have not used it for a LONG time out of frustration. But I will be needing it shortly and after updating to the newest firmware 2 days ago it has failed to be recognized by Roon.

I’ve must have reset the Poly several dozen times by re run the setup wizard, etc. No matter what Poly will not even show up anywhere in Roon despite setting it on the same network and putting the Poly on Roon mode.

If anyone has any idea what to to it would be helpful.

Hello @Ivan_Lam, Is your thinkpad connected to the router via Ethernet? Does that make a difference? Is the Chord Poly on the same subnet? Lastly, could you send me a screenshot of “Settings>Audio”? Thanks!

Thanks for responding it actually started to work again I had to keep discharging and recharging the poly a few times but it now works. But to the above I had only tried connecting via WiFi and had not changed the config of my network for years, I assumed that network settings was not an issue.

I was wondering about a separate issue. Sometimes my iPad or surface duo can’t find the core even though the core is on and opened on my thinkpad t460. This gets resolved by restarting roon core, was wondering if this is a problem with my pc aging etc or if there’s any suggestions as it’s been happening more lately.

Hello @Ivan_Lam, if your remotes are having issues connecting it could be a multicast issue on your network or router. Next time this happens and you’re stuck on the “waiting for your core” screen, could you please tap the “help” option which should allow you to enter the core’s IP. Let’s see if that is successful.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.