Chord Qutest/Rasberry Pi not working with Curious cable

Interesting, I wonder if maybe my cable is faulty, even though it plays fine with my computer.

Possibly but interesting that works in one situation but not the other. Hope youā€™re able to find a resolution

Resistance is futileā€¦ Use an ohm meter Lukeā€¦ Just for fun, take the damn thing apart and see if there is an embedded resister in there or maybe some sort of ā€œstrangeā€ groundingā€¦ Maybe time for a Forensic Audit in search of the real/alternate Truthā€¦

2 Likes

Qutestā€™s USB input is galvanically isolated.

Non-USB 2.0 spec cables can have issues in general but sometimes more with isolated DAC USB inputs.

The Schiit Modiā€™s USB input isnā€™t galvanically isolated.

If you add an ISO Regen you may run into issues with your Curious, with your Mac.

Stick to USB spec cables like this (ask Rob Watts, not John Darko what he thinks of this cable vs Curious):

2 Likes

was that cable recommended by Rob Watts? Or maybe he just recommends the one he includes with the qutest?

1 Like

As I mentioned, ask Rob?

I think Rob recommends certified cables like included in the box and like I linked.

3 Likes

Perhaps the bits flow into the bitbucket in the opposite directionā€¦ :sunglasses:

Has anyone compared the Qutest connected via AES/EBU over a coaxial line on the BNC port to a USB connection?