Chromecast display not working

@support

Chromecast display isn’t workinng as it should. I have tried 3 different cores (imac, mac mini, macbook pro), 3 different chromecast units (v2, latest chromecast tv and xiaomi mii tv stick), and 3 different wireless networks - all with more or less the same problems.

The latest i tried which i thought would solve it was to go and buy a new chromecast tv device today (most up to date software applied). Roon display comes on once after a core restart, after that all sorts of strange behaviour occurs, like this where roon says it is displaying but it’s not. Stopping playback and starting again makes no difference. If i press stop ‘stop display’ nothing happens, it still says stop display.

Please there are known chromecast display bugs or what is going on here.

Hey @Zeki_Mustafa,

We’re thankful that you took a moment to report this :relieved:

We’d love to help out and the first step in doing that is understanding what the exact symptoms are. In your message you say:

Chromecast display isn’t workinng as it should. (…) strange behaviour occurs, like this where roon says it is displaying but it’s not.

The screenshot shows that display starts on playback, which is expected.

Could you please describe in more detail what is happening? If you can list the steps to reproduce the issue that would be even more helpful :nerd_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.