Chromecast display stopped working (repeat of 80207?)

Google Chromecast Ultra 4K
Google Chromecast

Hi, I’ve been happily using Google Chromecast Ultra 4K as the display device for various audio devices. Now it’s stopped working and I get a perpetual spinning logo:

I disabled Google Chromecast Ultra 4K as an audio device and now it will not re-enable:

Google Chromecast Ultra 4K remains available as a display:

…but displays the permanent spinning logo, as above.

I repeated the whole exercise with an old Chromecast non-ultra, with the same results.

The Web Display URL does work.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Hi @Barry_Skingle,

Can you please try rebooting your Core and Networking Gear (Router/Modem/Switches)?
Is there any change in behavior afterwards?

Hi @noris, the problems resolved today without reboot or intervention, just like 80207.

However, I just spotted this in the log file:

01/03 18:37:31 Trace: [library] finished with 24796 dirty tracks 1558 dirty albums 50404 dirty performers 17897 dirty works 20561 dirty performances 1238 dirty genres 206 dirty auxfiles 150 dirty countries 9 dirty periods 27 dirty forms 4694 dirty places 1218 dirty creditroles 527 dirty labels 0 clumping tracks, 0 clumping auxfiles 0 compute tracks, 0 deleted tracks, 24796 tracks to (re)load, 0 tracks to retain, 206 auxfiles to (re)load, 0 auxfiles to retain, and 116454 changed objects

Is this a cause for concern?

Thank you, as always.

Hi @Barry_Skingle,

Glad to hear that the issue went away by itself this time around as well.

No, “dirty” items are not a cause for concern, it just means that the track needs to be processed, please see:

If this issue occurs again, I would suggest a reboot of the Core + Networking gear. Since this issue is resolved, I don’t think there’s more to do here but do let us know if it re-occurs, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.