Chromecast drop-outs to Bang & Olufsen Essence

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nuc 8i5 on ROCK 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NUC directly connects to router over ethernet. B&O over WiFi. Connecting the B&O over Ethernet is not possible in my setup

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

B&O Essence Mk 2, connects to Roon via Chromecast

Description Of Issue

I use the B& O Essence in my kitchen mainly to listen to Live Radio. I use the alarm function to start playing to the B&O from 07:00 in the morning. However, I experience that the chromecast audio stream to the B& O stops regularly (typically after a couple of hours). Any ideas how to solve this? Can I somewhere in Roon see why the live radio stream was stopped?
Kind regards
Jan

Hi @Jan_Schotte,

Does this same behavior occur if you play to any other endpoint?

Is this only happening with Live Radio? If you play local or TIDAL/Qobuz does that have the same problem?

Hello Dylan,
my other end-points are hard-wired, and don’t have this problem.

I don’t know if the same problem occurs when streaming Qobuz or Tidal, as this is the kitchen where we mainly play live radio. I have a similar problem when streaming via Airplay to the B&O. I guess it is related to the fact that I am using Wifi in a kitchen environment (microwave, etc.).
Is there any logging available in Roon that might help in confirming this assumption?

Hi @Jan_Schotte,

If this issue is occuring on two inputs on the B&O it is possible that it is a WiFi issue, yes.

You can access Roon logs by using these instructions. We can take a look if you first reproduce the issue, note the exact local time + date + track affected and send us a log set.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.