Chromecast Gen 2 Does Not Appear in Zones [Solved with Build 334]

Same issue here. I can reproduce this continuously.

I’ve restarted both the Roon Core and the Chromecast (which is up-to-date).

Hey @Thomas_Becker – can you give us the exact details of your setup, and which Chromecast devices you’re using, as described here?

Can you also let us know exactly what the failure looks like? Are you able to connect at all?

Thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Issues Playing to Chromecast and Chromecast Audio

@support

Roon Server Computer:
Mac Mini (Late 2012)
120GB SSD
4GB RAM
Roon Version 1.5 (build 333)

Router:
ASUS RT-AC66U_B1
Firmware: 3.0.0.4.384_20648

Chromecast (Gen 2) up-to-date

In Roon Settings > Audio:

Clicking on the Enable button in the Chromecast section returns a false action (button seems to brighten a bit but remains disabled).

In Google Home Android app (after clicking Enable button in Roon Settings) shows “Roon” (see screen cap).

Chromecast does not appear in Zones.

Roon Server and Mac Mini have been restarted - Chromecast has been reboot

Hello @Thomas_Becker,

Thank you for providing that additional information. I have gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode on your account and what that will do is next time your Roon Core is active, a set of logs pertaining to this issue will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis. I appreciate your patience here while our QA team has a chance to review these logs and suggests some next steps forward.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello @Thomas_Becker,

We have just released build 334 that we believe fixes the issue you are experiencing, please update your Roon Core to b334 and let us know how it goes. I look forward to your reply!

Thanks,
Noris

More information regarding this release can be found here:

1.5 (334) resolved problem.

QA, testing and documenting defects is something I really enjoy so I appreciate the rapid resolution efforts.

Glad to hear that you’re up and running @Thomas_Becker! Hope you enjoy the latest build and wish you a wonderful day! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Noris