Chromecast not being seen on one of my cores

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

HP Desktop, Windows 10, Roon latest build 1.6

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TP-Link AC1350 router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Chromecast Audio x 2 and Riva Festival speaker built in CCA, all wifi linked via router

Description Of Issue

No CCA is picked up by Roon.

Airplay input in Festival speaker is the only wifi audio which Roon “sees”.

NOTE: Oddly, the 2nd core I use, my HP laptop, sees the CCA devices no problem.
CCA devices are all readily visible in android phones.

Any pointers as to how to solve the problem would be appreciated.

Hi @Sallah_48,

Is there any difference in how the laptop Core is connected to the network compared to the Core machine that isn’t seeing the CCA?

hi Dylan. Thanks.

Ok, I stand corrected. I’ve just cranked up the laptop and it’s not seeing any CCA devices either, only the Airplay in the Riva speaker (but the lappy, at least, was def working b4 with the CCA devices)

Either hard wired ethernet to each core, or connected to Wifi.

Did you initiate the CCAs with the Google Home app??

Hi Tom, yes all activated, and the pucks and Festival have worked fine in the past via Roon. All are working and recognised by multiple Android devices also.

Dylan, I’m going mad…

this is a screendump of the Laptop core:

and now of the HP desktop core:

IE, the laptop IS picking up the Chromecasts and the Desktop not at all.

I was right first off.

Hi @Sallah_48,

Thanks for confirming that the laptop Core can see the Chromecast devices. And, just to confirm, this is also the case if the laptop is connected to the network in same way as the other Core?

If you temporarily disable and antivirus / firewall is there any change?

Were these devices working with this Core machine previously? If so, were there any changes (Windows updates, hardware changes, etc.) between when they worked and stopped working?

thanks Dylan,

will run further test/checks asap and revert back

1 Like

Hi Dylan

Weirdly, I made no changes (perceivably) to the HP desktop core, and now the chromecasts are all showing up.

Will advise if it becomes a problem again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.