Chromecast not gapless on NAD C338 (again)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Virgin cable internet, Virgin router, Ethernet connection to Roon Core.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAD C338 amplifier with Chromecast built-in.

Description Of Issue

Chromecast playback is not gapless. I reported this back in the autumn of last year and you replicated the problem and it was resolved in an update and playback was gapless. Now, it is once again not gapless. Same recordings streamed via RoPieee to same amp are gapless. Thanks for your help.

This is where you say that Chromecast in Roon is gapless:

:slightly_smiling_face:

@support

Hi there. Genuine question — how long is reasonable to wait for a response? I’m happy to wait longer but I wonder if you have any kind of aim for yourselves in getting back to people? Is this the best way for me to ask for help?

In summary — Roon is not currently gapless via Chromecast. This was a problem last autumn and then it was fixed and now it is a problem again. You advertise that Chromecast is gapless with Roon.

Huge thanks, Dafydd

I don’t understand this either. @noris can you let us know why you’ve merged these, please? Many thanks.

Look like there were merged in error as that topic whilst about Chromecast is not really about gapless play, so I have “unmerged” your post back here.

Chromecast is not gapless in build 778, though the release notes state that this has been fixed.

Hey @Dafydd_Waters,

I’m so sorry to hear that the latest fix didn’t seem to apply in your case. Also, I’m very sorry we’re seeing this so late… :pleading_face:

Is this still the case?

Hi there @beka. Chromecast is still not gapless in 1.8 (790). Cheers.

Sorry to hear @Dafydd_Waters :frowning_face:

Could you please fill out the template below so we can start helping?

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue
TEXT GOES HERE

Thanks in advance :pray:

@danny @rebeka

Cable internet router (Virgin) with Ethernet cable connection to Roon ROCK and wireless connection to Chromecast.

NAD C 338 amp with integrated Chromecast.

Description Of Issue

Chromecast is not gapless with Roon. My expectation that Chromecast will be gapless with Roon is set by your information here and elsewhere. By not gapless, I mean that recordings (such as live recordings) play with gaps inserted between tracks. This is also the case when two tracks play continuously – such as on this Kate Bush record, where The Dreaming should play gaplessly into the next track (Night Of The Swallow).

I have reported this in the past and on the first occasion was told that you had replicated the problem. There have been periods when Chromecast has been gapless with Roon, so I know it can work – gapless vs. not gapless appears to me to fluctuate with updates to Roon.

Although connection to Chromecast is wireless, there are no issues I would associate with poor connectivity – as in drop-outs (never) or Roon being slow to start a track with Chromecast playback (also never).

The problem is the same if I use local files or Qobuz files – and of course all the music on my other endpoints (mixture of Linn and Bluesound) is gapless.

Thanks for your help!

Let’s take the conversation over here:

1 Like