Chromecast to screen has delay and caching problem

Roon Core Machine

Running ROCK on a custom NUC i7. lots of CPU and RAM.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Chromecast is a HDMI dongle connected to my AV preamp.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon -
I’m loving the recent updates. Please keep up the good work.

I wanted to make you aware of a minor annoyance with Chromecast. I was listening in my media room for the first time in a few weeks (after at least two of the recent updates, so I’m not sure which introduced the problem). I typically cast the display to Chromecast on my projector on the big screen. This typically works like a charm. This time though, the rotating artist image updates were generally pretty slow to update and the display reverted briefly to an artist from a song a couple of tracks back on my playlist each time it changed to the next artist in the rotation. I have captured a video showing the problem if you’d like to review. Just let me know how to upload.

As expected, rebooting the chromcast and core fixed the problem. Still wanted you to be aware.

Thanks again for the hard work. I know the support forums can be a pain in the ass at the best of times. The internet has caused even the nicest of people to become trolls. Just wanted to let you know there are still people who appreciate what you do.

Thanks -
Dan

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.