Classical Box Sets that are not identified by Roon

You can highlight a batch of albums and in edit, tell Roon to prefer your metadata.

What about Wilhelm Furtwängler - The Legacy 107 CD Box?
Exist in all music.com, but no detail for the 107 CD, just a kind of placeholder.

1 Like

Any news on that one?

I think we have to accept that Tivo/Rovi are not interested in improving their metadata. I know the Roon team have done their best to suggest improvements, but I see only occasional changes in the cases I myself pointed out.

We would do better to encourage Roon to implement crowdsharing of user metadata.

4 Likes

I agree
Many of us have spent a lot of time grooming metadata , why not share it

Mike

1 Like

I too own loads of large box sets (mainly classical) and did a lot of grooming on them. The biggest pain in my *** is the budget re-release of Hänssler’s complete Bach edition, the Edition Bachakademie. So NOT the original 172 disc edition, but a budget (though authorized) 160 disc re-release. I’ve tried everything, splitting it in separate cd’s, 2 cd sets, 4 cd sets, grouped in volumes by cantatas etcetera, nothing worked.

I did manage to make something out of Teldec’s “Bach 2000” complete edition, and that was actually easily divided into twelve volumes. However, with this Hänssler box set, I end up with an unidentified box set of 669 (!!!) discs. It’s a total mess. Is it my metadata, and if so, how do I best tag this box set? Some advice — ANY advice — is highly appreciated!

A plug for Jaikoz …

I bought this to help with the initial load, someone on the forum recommended it

It uses the MusicBrainz dB to identify. If you scan a set before uploading it helps split the compositions

It still works if the album is in the library, it writes back to the file and Roon rescans

Mike

Bach 333 box set is not recognized. Is there any chance as it is on market since last october?

we need a curator. Did primephonic deliver? I think not.

To curate the whole of recorded music? Good luck with that.

1 Like