Classical Tag Missing?

Anything??

Hi @Saturn94,

I checked with the team and confirmed this is still under investigation — I’ve requested an update and will follow up as soon as I have more info. Thanks!

I figured I would share, I updated to build 521 and the Classical and Christmas tags are still missing. :frowning:

Just checking in for any updates since I’m still having the same issue with the current build.

Btw, as a test, I changed the ROONTRACKTAG on one album from Christmas to _Christmas and it worked. For some reason adding the underscore before the name worked. I suspect the same would be true for the Classical track tag. I wonder why those two are affected but other ROONTRACKTAGs with the same name as established genres are fine?

Glad it worked for you! :smiley:

Thanks.

Just be clear, I don’t consider adding the underscore a real solution. I’m still hoping your techs will be able to properly fix this. :slight_smile:

Well, Saturn, I am just a fellow user like you, so I can only offer a workaround that I found out when using the system.

I, too, hope the Roon guys will correct the issue; as I am fine with it working one way or the other; i.e., either reserve the genres Roon uses and force us to use something different, or, don’t. I don’t think it is good for it to work in different ways.

Ah, my apologies. Thank you for clarifying that. :blush:

So I used the adding an underscore work around to ROONTRACKTAG to get Classical and Christmas, now Classical_ and Christmas _, to display in Tags.

However, all tracks with the ROONTRACKTAG Classical_ still show an extra Classical tag as seen in this example

I use mp3tag to edit tags and the extra Classical ROONTRACKTAG doesn’t show in mp3tag.

Any ideas where this extra ROONTRACKTAG is coming from and how to get rid of it?

In mp3tag, you might need to go to extended tags I think is the name for it. When i am at a computer I’ll post a pic

Thanks. :slight_smile:

So right clicking on a track in mp3Tag brings up an option for Extended Tags

This is what I see for ROONTRACKTAG in Extended Tags

You can see the Classical_ tag, but not the additional Classical track tag Roon is showing.

Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

PS - I also looked at the tags using dBpoweramp and it looks the same as mp3tag.

Also, the tracks with the ROONTRACKTAG Classical_ are the only ones with the extra tag showing. None of my other tracks with different ROONTRACKTAG tags are doing this.

It seems you got the location I was thinking about. Maybe you put a track level Classical tag in Roon?

I’m sorry, I don’t understand what you are asking. :flushed:

More info…here is what I see in File Tags in Roon

Again, no extra tag. Where in the heck is Roon getting that extra tag info (and why does it only affect Classical)? Still stumped. :frowning:

I guess you can only add tags with ROON(ALBUM|TRACK)TAG. Even when you delete the current ROONTRACKTAG = "Classical_" the tracks in Roon should keep the Classical_ tag. You have to use Roon’s tag browser to delete Roon tags once they were created. Looks like you’re doomed here with the tags you previously created and that now don’t show in the tag browser.

Explanation: When Roon encounters a ROON(ALBUM|TRACK)TAG, the Roon tag gets created (if not already existing) and the track or album added to it. That’s all. A deletion of the file-tag later on won’t do anything and a change of the file-tag will lead to --> a new Roon tag gets created (if not already existing) and the track or album added to it.

Are the previously created tags (Classical and Christmas) available from the track browser?

grafik

If yes then you can use this to remove the Classical tag from the tracks (choose Classical from the list of tags, select a track, choose “Select All”, 3-dots menu - Add to tag, remove the check mark for the Classical tag, click Save).

Thank you for the detailed response.

Unfortunately, the behavior you are describing is not what I believe I’m seeing here.

When I changed Christmas to Christmas_, it shows correctly as just Christmas_. But Classical_ maintains the extra Classical tag no matter what. When I look in the tag list (Focus on Tags) as you suggested, the extra Classical tag is not there. The Classical_ tag does show there as expected.

Have I misunderstood your post?

Thank you. :slight_smile:

More thoughts…

It seems when I originally added the Classical and Christmas ROONTRACKTAGs, Roon never created those two tags in the tag list despite those tags showing under each track. This would explain why when I click on the track tag (Classical or Christmas) under the track name Roon would report no such tag exists.

Sorry on phone and mistyped. Edited above.

This is the list I meant. But you should try it in the track browser instead of the album browser as they are track tags. You can also try to click on the tag link (blue text). Does this work? Do you get an error message?

grafik