Classical Tag Missing?

No problem. :slight_smile:

My understanding is that ROONTRACKTAG is suppose to do exactly that, create a track level tag. For some reason Roon won’t create a Classical or Christmas track level tag, despite it showing with each track.

Please let me know if I’m still not understanding your advice. :blush:

As the tags are showing with each tracks, I would say they got created. The problems seems to bee that the tag objects (the tags named Classical and Christmas) aren’t shown in the usual management places for tags for some reason.
Speculation: Maybe because they are genre names for special genres (genres that get a special treatment in Roon).

Thank you for the quick follow up.

If I go to the Track browser and click on the tag icon you mentioned, I get this. Classical is not listed.

If I click on the blue “Classical“ listed under the track name as you suggested, I get this message

:frowning:

Yes, that makes sense.

I wasn’t aware there were “special” genres that are treated differently.

I guess even among the “special” genres there’s variation in behavior since changing Christmas to Christmas_ didn’t result in the extra tag showing with each track like it does with Classical and Classical_.

:confounded:

I guess Christmas should not show up at all (?) or at least not chosen for Roon Radio and the such outside of Christmas season. Classical treats the display of composition information differently on the album details page and additionally there are “Classical only” filters available in some places.

ROONTRACKTAG Jazz works fine. :+1:

1 Like

Check again in 8 months to confirm if this holds true. :smiley:

Lol. I’ll see what happens then.

More info…

I can create a Classical tag at the Album level in Roon. Adding a Classical tag to an album, I now see Classical listed when viewing Focus on Tags. But it only applies to the album tagged Classical, not the tracks on other albums with the track level tag Classical (rescanning makes no difference).

All these gymnastics could be avoided if Roon would just allow playback by genre at the track level. I and others have been requesting this for years. Sigh…

1 Like

It turns out I can add a Classical track level tag using Roon, but that requires I do so one track at a time. That’s too big of a job to be practical. :frowning:

All this time later and many updates later I still have the issue with the non existent “Classical” ROONTRACKTAG still showing on tracks along with the existing “Classical_” ROONTRACKTAG.

I never did hear back from Roon support.

While not a “deal breaker”, it’s annoying every time I see it on a track. :frowning: