Click between tracks

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 on NUC, Roon 1.7 Build 511 stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Cabled network, D-link un-managed enterprise switch comprising QoS and shielded Cat8 cables, shields well connected to protective earth, below 0.5 ohm DC resistance. Motorola std Gateway coming with operator broadband subscription. A bit crappy I must admit, vulnerable to noise, switch-mode psu.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Home built RopieeeXL endpoint of RPi3b+ and Audiophonics HAT with separate psu feed, pulse transformer galvanic separation and re-clock from high precision clock.

AES-EBU port de-soldered from HAT (that darn pin 1 to pcb) and replaced with neutrik pro XLR solidly screwed to the cabinet stainless steel back plane. Measured DC resistance between port housing/pin1 to the protective earth pin below 0.5 ohm. No shield ripple introduced to the HAT. Twisted leads from the 110 ohm cable is used between the HAT and AES-EBU port. Very good and exactly specified 110 ohm AES-EBU digital cable of very low capacitance to support preservation of square wave signal integrity. All connctors are Neutrik profession phosphorus bronze and silver plated.

AES-EBU to a pair of JBL LSR4328P professional studio monitors comprising of AES-EBU digital input.

Description Of Issue
When playing tracks, there is a short stop of sync from my HAT/endpoint, getting my speakers into an unsynchronized mode. Is this the normal operation of ROON, even if I tell Roon to play 500ms sync between (perhaps only for format changes?). The result for me is a click when the output sync re-enters a fraction of a second before next track. I see on my monitors that they lack sync because a diode starts blinking when the sync drops and becomes a steady light when re-enters.

Does this belong to how Roon works or should I look for the reason in either Ropieee/HAT, or perhaps the receiver circuits in the JBL works a bit strange?

Just want to ave some help pointing the right direction of fault trace.

Regards, /Stefan, Sweden

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.