Click on Focus crashes Roon

@support
If I click
Home>Search for Beethoven>click on pic of Beethoven>focus
roon crashes- closes immediately

this doesn’t happen if I click focus from my albums or my artists. Focus works fine in those cases.

Running 1.8 (updated) Windows 10 64 bit on Intel based server

I moved your topic to the Support category. While we’re waiting for a member of the Support team to respond, could you please give more details on your Roon setup as described here:

every time I click on the focus button after on a landing on a composer page and clicking discography>focus. From the discography page a click on focus causes immediate shutdown of Roon. Doesn’t happen from other places, like clicking on focus from “my albums”.

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build) Windows 10 64; latest Roon build, i7-10700 board; 32GB Ram

• Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build) Playback:

1. Roon remote that crashes: Lenovo Yoga 920 Laptop; Windows 10 64’ i7 board;
  2. I also have a Microsoft Surface 6 tablet running as a remote (i3 board, Windows 10 64 bit) - it also crashes in same scenario.
  3. I also have an iPad remote that doesn’t crash in that scenario.
  • Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
    Everything is wired ethernet. Internet modem connects to Linksys AC1900 router and the router and everything else connects to a TP Link Switch

• Audio devices in use Stack Audio Link II

• Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)
    Library is on dedicated drive in my Core; I use Qobuz; my Library has 44000 tracks

Hey @danny2,

Thanks so much for reaching out on community when running into such an issue - I’m sorry about the trouble and about our delayed response… :pleading_face:

It’s taking us longer than we had hoped to reply to every support post on the community.

I’ve moved this thread into our technical team’s queue so they can start helping.

Thank you in advance for your patience :pray:

trying to keep the topic open as I haven’t heard anything

Sorry for the delay here, @danny2. We haven’t been able to replicate this issue in-house, so we are hoping that you can reproduce this once more and then use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service).

@dylan
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OL_lWSeUC5hH0_-4cy73Q36-1lH6R4xk?usp=sharing

Wasn’t sure which log you needed, so sent one from each of 3 devices. The last thing I did before zipping the logs was to replicate the issue on one of them.

@Dylan
Hi-
It’s been another week. Anyone look at the logs I posted?

@support
@dylan
It’s been 2 weeks since I posted the log. Not even a confirmation you’ve received it…

Hey @danny2,

Thank you very much for following up on this thread - I am very sorry we’ve never gotten back.

I have bumped this up in Dylan’s queue. You should hear back from him as soon as possible :pray:

@danny2 — Just wanted to reach out and thank you for the logs, they’re definitely helpful here and are pointing us in the right direction. The QA team is looking into this and we’ll be sure to keep you updated.

@dylan
So it’s been a month since I last heard something and over 2 months since the thread started.
I posted the logs on May 3. Anything?

Hi @danny2 — Sorry for the lack of communication here. The ticket is still with the QA team, I’ve asked them for an update, will follow up as soon as I can.

Hi-
Still having this issue with Roon 2.0.
Anytime I hit: Composer Name>Discography>Focus.
This happens on both a Surface Pro running W10 and on an HP 360x running W11, so it seems to be a Roon problem, and not a HW problem.
It’s been well over a year and I’ve never gotten a meaningful response.

Hi @danny2 ,

I have tried this on my end but have not been able to reproduce it with Beethoven. Are you still seeing this after updating to the latest build? You were also experiencing the windows hang issue, so I wonder if it was related?

yes, still seeing this on the new build.
It happens on two different laptops with different versions of Windows.
Doesn’t happen with android or ipad.

Hi @danny2,

Thanks for confirming you’re still seeing this issue presently.

Can you please reproduce the issue and let me know a timestamp (exact local time + date) of when you see the issue on your end and which laptop you were using at the time? I’ll enable diagnostics afterward to see if logs contain any clues, thanks!

26/10/22
Local time 10: 43

Composers>Ludwig Van Beethoven>Discography>Focus

As soon as I hit focus, the program shuts down/crashes.

This is the HP360x

Don’t know if it is last weeks update or a Windows update, but: I just checked and the problem disappeared.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.