Clicking on Contact Roon Support Link (within Roon) takes me to ELAC Forum site [Ticket in]

Hi @James_Bailey ----- Thank you for the feedback! In regard to the “support link” our devs have been made aware and will be addressing the issue accordingly.

This behavior you’ve reported could very well be related to some sort of bottle neck occurring on your network. I will say the first thing that jumps out at me immediately is the use of the Apple Time capsule, as we have seen issues with these devices in the past. Our CTO Brian wrote a very informative post about the use of WiFi in home networks that is definitely worth a read, as he covers what a strong setup should resemble. Even with a “RoonReady” device in place, if there is an issue with the network you still will not receive optimal results.

With the above in mind, besides what you’ve provided already in your description, are there any other networking devices present in your topology? If not, during your troubleshooting of this behavior have you tried…

• (If not in place already) … A hardwired connection between your Roon core (MacMini) and the router you are using?

• A wired connection to the Squeezebox Touch and the router you are using?

• While this may seem rather elementary … besides power cycling the app, core machine, and touch, have you tried rebooting your networking hardware as well (i.e the Time capsule etc)?

You mentioned that you’ve made the following observation:

“Although sometimes with a glitch (the latest–which is new–is that my Android phone won’t control the Touch but my MacBook laptop will).”

Can you please provide some further insight into this behavior? When you do notice this problem with the Android phone, what specifically is happening? While in this state, what functionality DOES the phone have (i.e can you control other endpoints? etc)? Does the phone lose connection with your core machine or does it stay connected?

-Eric