Roon Core Machine

Mac Book Air M1 latest

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Xfinity high speed

Connected Audio Devices

iBasso DC06

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Pops and clicks galore when listening to albums on Roon. Like listening to an LP from 1970. Feel like getting out my Discwasher to clean the dust off the record. Doesn’t happen on Audirvana Studio or Tidal app on the Mac. It only happens on Roon. Unsure as to why. Tried rebooting Mac, but no improvement.

Set the iBasso to decode only and the popping/clicking stopped. Strange, but it worked…so far. This is with MQA on the DC06. With both decoding and rendering it also does well.

Infernal pops and clicks have returned. No solution.

Hi @richard_oxhorn,

Thank you for reporting this issue, and I understand you’ve endured a significantly long wait time for a staff response here. Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of the team.

Would you mind providing the tech support team with the following screenshots?

1. Signal path in Roon (green light next to playback controls) , so we can see the full audio chain from source to endpoint

2. the Device Setup page for the iBasso, so we can directly compare settings against the diagnostic logs.

We’ll be pulling backend diagnostics in the meantime, so if you’re able to leave your Core online for several hours at some point in the next few days, the report will automatically upload to our servers.

Thank you again for your patience.

The sound is good and clear here with a green light showing and not magenta for MQA. The iBasso only functions in this mode. It doesn’t work using render only or decode/render. If I use the iBasso with either of the latter, there is constant background clicking and popping. Thanks.

So the big question for me is why the green light and not magenta. Am I actually getting MQA here and the light is just green, or am I getting something like Qobuz HD? One other thing is that when I set the decode/render option, even though I get the pops and clicks, then I do get the magenta light. Very confusing.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.