Roon Core Machine

Windows 10, Dell Alienware, Intel i7 6800K, 64 GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Cocktail Audio N25

Number of Tracks in Library

Only using Qobuz

Description of Issue

The N25 is listed among the devices but doesn’t have an “enable” button, can be selected as a zone but gets “unable to open audio device” error.

Have you done basic troubleshooting like rebooting everything from the network outward?

yep, also firewall is ok, tried unistall/reinstall too

Always good to ask :grinning:

1 Like

Looks like there’s another device named N25Amp that I now enabled. It plays just fine. Any clue what is the difference?
Thanks!!!

No idea. I’m just a user like yourself.
If it works…

1 Like

here’s what I see, no clue what via airplay means, if anyone can shed some light, it would be welcome.
Thanks!

I find that AirPlay only accepts CD-quality (44.1kHz/16bit) audio so, not the best option. There must be a way around this.

AirPlay is Apple’s streaming protocol. Don’t use that. Use the Roon Ready RAAT connection via your network. You should be able to choose that in the lower right corner of your screen.

this is what I see in the lower right corner.
If I choose N25 it stops and gives this

Make sure it’s setup properly in Roon - Settings - Audio. Click on the cog symbol.

Hi @Mario_Alberti,

I’m wondering if the Cocktail Audio N25 needs a firmware update.
Can you check to see if it is running the latest version.

1 Like

it is running the latest firmware, the cog only leads me here

Click on “Show advanced” and drag up.

not much else to work with, I think:

Hi @Mario_Alberti,

Per @Carl’s suggestion, we strongly suggest you verify your Cocktail firmware is up to date, as this error doesn’t indicate a networking issue in your LAN.

The tech support team enabled diagnostics on your Core machine, but it appears your machine is offline, so we were unable to pull a backend report. When you have a chance, would you please open and use the Roon app (attempted to connect this N25 endpoint) to populate logs, and then use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader?

The team is standing by to assist you once. Please reach out in this thread at your convenience once you’ve had a chance to follow the above instructions. Thank you!

Hi Connor,
thank you for getting back to me.
The firmware is updated.
Unfortunately I wasn’t able to find a solution and canceld my trial period on Roon. I can’t access it anymore without subscribing.
Kind regards,
Mario