Complex issues with Live Radio!

Thank you for your suggestions.
For the first question, there are 4 different ethernet ports (2 on JCat card and 2 on MB) that I can see from the ROCK setup page with only 2 active connections on the JCat.
My setup was based on info found on the PS Audio forum where it was mentioned that it is possible to use direct internet connection from ROCK to the Bridge II: Direct connection of Rock Server to Direct Stream Junior Bridge (without internet router) - #6 by holzohr - DACs - PS Audio
That led me to this thread on the Roon community website where Danny Dulai (Roon Labs COO) explains how to setup ROCK with dual Ethernet connections.
ROCK Dual Ethernet - Primary Port Not Exposed [RESOLVED] - #16
Some people on this thread confirm that this is working and claim that there is an improvement in sound quality due to complete IP traffic isolation.

To address the other point, I tested the connection of the PS Audio Bridge II with DHCP but the LiveRadio still cuts. The only difference is that the stations play a bit longer than before (up to 2-2:30 min vs < 1min). I even tried to bypass the optical switch and connect the Bridge II directly from the router but the problem remains the same.

This morning I tested station “1.FM: Otto’s Baroque Music” using the 4 different streams available on LiveRadio and again… they all stopped after less than 1 min. I went to 1.FM web site using Chrome to inspect the Otto’s Baroque Music live stream and extracted the following url: https://strm112.1.fm/baroque_mobile_mp3?aw_0_req.gdpr=true

Went to MyLiveRadio, added a new station with this url and guess what … the station 1.FM: Otto’s Baroque Music (with metadata) has been continuously playing for more than 2 hour no problem!!!

Also, like I said before even the station Rondo Classic Klasu Pro with the same url, is not working from LiveRadio but works perfectly fine from MyLiveRadio added manually!!

In conclusion, after all these tests, I now have a hard time believing that my setup is the cause of the problem and that my case is an isolated one. There should be something different in the way Roon manages LiveRadio vs MyLiveRadio…

I really need someone from Roon Support to give me hints on how to fix this!! Help please!!