Computer Gaming discussion

I’m also a big Halo fan. I even moonlight as a Halo video creator when I’m not working on Roon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I remember playing Halo 1 and was so upset when they would break the episodes and take away all my goodies. I’m all about shepherding my ammo and saving the “big guns” for when needed.

You want my help? Stop taking my weapons!

Sheldon

1 Like

Not a game as such more a tech demo, but jaw droppingly awesome next-gen loveliness nonetheless

https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/games/store/the-matrix-awakens-an-unreal-engine-5-experience/9ng8rk1f3hcc?rtc=1

Also available on PS5.

Can’t wait for the movie…we should setup a Matrix Revolutions watchparty!

1 Like

Halo 1 was one of my favorite games back in the day on the OG Xbox with that big ole controller :rofl:
The Chronicles of Riddick was pretty awesome too!

Yes, this was good, and kind of unexpected if I remember rightly.

1 Like

The Duke!

3 Likes

I still use my 360 controllers, two of them in fact for PC gaming. They have been brilliant.

1 Like

I remember having to sneak away from my birthday party when I was younger so I could keep playing this game! I was at the end and nobody was keeping me from finishing :joy:

My hands are cramping just looking at this.

2 Likes

Totally, I did not like the Duke! the mini version they later released was so much better.

That is why Keyboard and Mouse are the best!!! (my PC gaming bias is showing, lol)

2 Likes

I always thought that too and was very much keyboard and mouse. But, I now think there is a place for the controller, especially for 3rd person games. But first person, or strategy etc, keyboard and mouse all the way.

I’ve just got (or regot) Hexen from Steam.
Played it 25 years ago. Actually, I more randomly wander about than play but it’s good fun.
Zork and rogue were my only other games in the distant past.

1 Like

I used to be that way till I hurt my shoulder. I haven’t tried in a while but playing FPS games on pc is tough with the way you have to whip around the mouse now for me. I played Overwatch since beta on the pc and loved it!

Sadly, I get motion sick with the movement in 1st person view. I’ve tried em all and can deal with over the shoulder perspective, a true looking through the eyes view just kills me with headaches.

I am much more of a rpg, adventure, strategy gamer.

1 Like

WASD crew, reporting for duty.

Over the years I played more 1st person shooters on the pc than I can recall. Countless hours with Quake, Unreal Tournament, Half-Life and more. Still my all-time favorite one was probably Duke Nukem 3D. Eventually I tired of the pc upgrades needed to keep current as the games evolved and just switched to consoles. I dont have the time to commit to gaming these days anyway.

1 Like

I was thinking of changing my username to Duke Nukem…

Still might!

Think it fits me to a T

Way too many hours whiled away to finish Quake and Doom and then just blasting anything that moved in Duke Nukem 3D, who cared about finishing it…:joy:

On another forum my username was Halo.

2 Likes

Could never play them. Got motion sickness. What was weird was I did not get that when playing Descent.