Connect Roon to Devialet Dialog or Phantom

Write to Devialet and tell them - via support request, in any commentable topics available on their website, on Facebook, wherever you can get it seen. Then post on Devialetchat too and try and drum up support there.

Devialet are a surprisingly stubborn company who think everything they offer is the best, and don’t do much listening to their customers. So the only way we’re all going to get RoonReady is to frequently ask for it and as publicly as possible. That’s just how it works, sadly - getting an answer about fixes to AIR took a huge and public petition that finally got results after months of action by lots of Devialet owners. Sadly many promises made there by Devialet have yet to come to fruition, but it was a start.

There are a lot of Devialet customers wanting RoonReady Experts and Phantoms. I can’t imagine Roon will be the stumbling block!

Contact Devialet and pester, pester, pester!!!

Indeed. I have contacted Devialet about this but I don’t have any confidence that support will ever be added, perstering or no. As you have indicated, all the myriad of pestering still doesn’t seem to have produced a usable version of AIR or any indication that Devialet even cares.

They say they’re very close :wink: :smile: Not bad when you consider they’ve been working (or not) on getting it fixed for more than twice the length of time of Roon’s existence!! There are hints of the latest versions being better for more people, but there are still issues and it still doesn’t work for me, so you have to ask yourself whether they know what they’re doing.

Such a shame they’re a confused and arrogant company with bad customer service as they do make excellent hardware.

Anyway, back to topic, I do think pestering works. It just has to be public - Facebook pages, forums, magazines etc - basically places they can’t ignore/hide!!

If they add RoonReady to the new Expert line (and Phantoms since they’ll apparently share a common OS in 2017) then my Devialet journey will be complete and I’ll even forgive them for AIR. Imagine being able to stream directly to Devialet hardware without worrying about dropouts, crackles, and inflexible tools. For now that’s all we can do… :disappointed:

1 Like

Now 1.3 is live and installed I can’t seem to find the Devialet anymore in the audio zones. Anyone same problem and advice on a fix?

dos2 dialog + roon , so how to connect upnp?

Raspberry Pi 3 B+
HifiBerry Digi+ Pro HAT
RoPieee RoonBridge
It won’t run UPNP, which Roon doesn’t support. But it works as a bulletproof Roonbridge, allowing one to run Roon and the Devialet Phantom reliably.
Roon>Ethernet>Raspberry Pi>SPDIF>Phantom
Throw the stupid Dialog away. It never worked in the first place.