Connecting Roon on iMac to denon pma30 by bluetooth amp

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5 40 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 Big Sur 11.4.

Denon PMA30 Amp

trying to connect Roon to PMA30 via Bluetooth can only connect by connecting Big Sur by bluetooth prefs
but if possible would like to connect through roon but I can’t see how to do it.

Kevin

Hey @Kevin_Wall

Welcome to our Roon Community, you found the perfect place to submit your questions and get help from Roon Support and other Roon subscribers!

What you’re experiencing here is due to the fact that Roon doesn’t support the Bluetooth streaming protocol. You can find a list of supported audio devices and streaming protocols in the article I’ve linked below.

What many Roon users choose to do in cases like this is to utilize a cost effective Roon Bridge solution, like RoPieee or something similar. Roon will recognize the compatible bridge device and play music through the connected audio endpoint - such as your Micro Denon PMA30. Take a look and see if something like this would fit your needs.

thank you for the reply at present I cannot afford any more equipment and since I’m using equipment I’ve had for a long time the oldest being my CD player a Sony CDP557ESD which was bought in 1988 and an equally old pair of mission book shelf speakers and an old Sony amp and in about 2001 it was all put into storage and as my wife has sadly passed away and I suffer with panic attacks I have decided to get back into my music to see if it helps with the attacks a few months ago first to be tried was the Sony CD player which worked when I tried it except for problems with the draw and most of the buttons didn’t work properly it beed stripped and cleaned and as I couldn’t get any parts for it made do with what I had and works ok now the amp was no good so bought a second hand denon which has a dac it not great but needs must the speakers had problems so I bought a pair of wharfedale evo 4.1 speakers and I am amazed at what has happened in hifi since I used to listen to music I’m hoping listening helps but I have to be very patient as I have a lot to get used to and there a lot I have to learn I have bought a lot of hi res music over the years so I’m learning about the software roon and there’s another called Audirvana anyway any tips or advice would be help full.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.