Connection issue on NUC12

I have the similar situation. Bought a brand new NUC 12 and freshly installed the ROCK. It does not see the HDMI audio output. Does it mean I need to un-install the ROCK and install Win 10 with all the updated Audio drivers. Un-install the Win 10 and re-install the ROCK again ?
Many thanks.

I asked you if you were seeing the HDMI ports earlier, and I thought you replied that you were? So you do NOT in fact see the four HDMI ports?

I don’t see it but for me it is not a problem because I don’t use them

It seems like that :grimacing:. But honestly the entire processus to update the hdmi driver could be done in less than one hour…

From what @Jean-Philippe_Stroeb is now saying, you won’t see the HDMI ports even after you first install Windows and then reinstall ROCK, so don’t waste your time.

There is clearly an issue with the audio drivers for the NUC12 models. It has been reported to Roon Labs.

Thought you have to update the driver for the hdmi port too???

Windows would have installed any drivers required for Intel HD Audio, but if you are not seeing the HDMI ports in Roon OS, then it sounds as though Linux drivers are required to be added into the Roon OS build.

A newbie question. Why HDMI? What did you use with the HDMI port?

Multichannel audio, e.g. 5.1 over HDMI.

Thanks for your reply.
My NUC 12 is mainly for Roon purpose. Have only installed ROCK.
Have updated to the latest NUC Bios. Also, latest ROON’s software(s).
Cannot see any HDMI audio. Does it mean that I need to wait for Roon’s update or NUC Bios update ?

Odds are you’ll be waiting for a ROCK update where the drivers are added to the Linux kernel that comes with ROCK.

This is not an issue with the NUC BIOS (since the HDMI ports work in Windows), it is almost certainly a missing Linux driver.

May I know where can we acquire this missing Linux driver ?
Thanks

Even if you had the driver, you would not be able to install it into Roon OS - it’s down to Roon Labs to build Roon OS and include the driver at build time.

The alternative is to leave ROCK aside and go with Linux on the NUC (Ubuntu is probably a good noob choice). Then you have a recent kernel and could install the Roon core here. You could also add the drivers if necessary. I confess this isn’t as convenient an appliance as ROCK. It would require you to have some basic Linux command line skills or be willing to learn them.

I’m not entirely sure this is related to the network connectivity issues above, but if anyone’s searching for NUC12 or i225-V (i225 family) network issues, this news say that Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) needs to be disabled:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.