Connection problems

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro/i7-7700, 64 Bit, 32 GB/1.7 (build 528) stable (64 Bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

FRITZ!Box 7590/WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Linn Akurate DSM/3

Remote Control:

• Samsung Note 10+ 5G and/or
  • IPad Mini 4, Software version 12.4.1

Description Of Issue

Remote controls can’t connect to the core.
They “see” the core but keep on saying “connection failed”

Roon Core seems to run well, I can send music to my Linn Akurate DSM/3.

Exactly the same hardware/configuration with JRemote and with Kazoo and with Bubble DS works fine for me.
It is only the Roon remote app that doesn’t connect.

Mods please merge:

1 Like

Hi,

I can’t connect either

• IPad Mini 4, Software version 12.4.1 or
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G
    to Roon Core
  • Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, 32 GB

?
Roon Core seems to run well, I can send music to my Linn Akurate DSM/3.

I just can’t connect with any Remote!

Please help

Best regards

Karim

Sounds odd have you checked the obvious like all on the same network :roll_eyes:

I use Win 10, iPad mini2 and Samsung J1 with noissues

Yes, exactly the same hardware/configuration with JRemote and with Kazoo and with Bubble DS works fine for me.
It is only the Roon remote app that doesn’t conmnect.

It sees the Server but says “connection failed”

I have merged the two threads. Thank you @BlackJack

1 Like

Hi @Karim_Khan,

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

solved!

raatserver was already selected; i just had to add roon.exe.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Karim

1 Like

I had to add raatserver.exe and roon.exe but this has worked for me on a Windows 10 core - Samsung A40 phone and S3 tablet now working beautifully as remotes.

I signed up for a trial yesterday so asking about this problem was going to be my first post, nice for it to be resolved so quickly!

1 Like

I’ve had some strange problems for a few weeks with Roon Rock and connection to several nodes, mostly resulting in Live Radio stopped playing randomly. In my setup it was caused by a network-loop I’ve found a few days ago. In my network I have a WiFi extender that extends the WiFi from my main router. I also had that WiFi extender connected by network cable to my main router. My Roon Rock is in the livingroom connected to my livingroom switch. When I pulled out the livingroom cable from my main-router, the Roon Rock was still visible on my network. The WiFi extender also acts as a secondary switch via wireless signal. Because I also had a cable connection to the WiFi extender, a loop was caused. I now have remove the network cable from the main router to the WiFi extender and my problems are over. Also, I notice an overall network performance increase.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.