Connection to core drops on iPhone XS Max while using it as a remote

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK / NUC7i5BNH with 8GB Crucial DDR 2400 on 2 dimms, WD Green 120 GB M.2 SSD for os and 500GB Samsung 850 EVO media drive/ Version 1.6 (build 401) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ubiquiti USG 3P / Ubiquiti US-8 60W and US-8 + Ubiquiti AP AC-PRO (or sometimes an LR) on the 5ghz band. ROCK is connected wired into the US-8 60W, which is wired to the US-8, which is wired to the AP. iPhone XS MAX on WiFi and endpoint device is usually a iPhone 5S, connected through the same AP.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

My main endpoint is a iPhone 5S, connected to CCK USB3.0 with constant USB power and a DragonFly Red wired to my active speakers. There is also a PC (wired network on same switch as the AP-AC-PRO AP) that has a Audioengine D1 connected through TOSlink for data and powered with USB form the pc’s mobo and an iPad pro 9,7" (occasional endpoint, sometimes used as remote).

Description Of Issue

When I fire up Roon remote on my iPhone XS Max, It usually works fine, connects to the core well and I can start playing whatever I want… If the iPhone goes to sleep, and I reactivate the Roon app later (often to adjust the volume), the Roon app on the iPhone more often than not cannot connect to the core and suggests to look for another one. If I quit the app (swipe up), wait 2-3 seconds and reopen the app it usually works fine…

The iPhone is has excellent signal on the 5ghz band, does everything else great, but “waking” the Roon app shortly after i’ve used it into the same screen. This problem doesn’t seem to happen (or at least not to I degree that I can remember) when I occasionally use my iPad (pro 9,7" model) in the same location for the same purpose…

Hello @Indigolight,

Thank you for the report here. We currently have an active ticket with the developers regarding this issue and QA is looking into this behavior. As soon as I have any updates to share, I’ll be sure to let you know.

Thanks,
Noris

The issue seems to have resolved itself…

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.