Constant dropouts with BBC 6Music to Sonos endpoints

Hey @Chris22,

We understand that you’re frustrated, really we do. We are too, we don’t want our customers to have problems with Roon. It may seem that we’re ‘blaming’ the customer’s setup rather than dealing with the problem. That’s not the case, try to see it from the other side for moment.

When the majority of customers who stream BBC in Roon do so without a hitch but others have constant issues, the first thing we’re going to ask is ‘what’s different about this customer’s setup that’s causing these problems?’ The reason for this is that Roon is working correctly for most people and we need to find the outlier that is causing the issue.

You wouldn’t believe how much time has been spent on investigating these BBC radio problems and tweaking things on our back end to make improvements. When those improvements fail to impact some customers’ issues we naturally begin to suspect the customer’s setup. That’s a logical assessment, not skullduggery. It’s simply Troubleshooting 101.

But now, we have some other things happening that are within our control - and I’m going to ask for your help. We need to lower the temperature around our frustrations with this issue so that we can address it effectively. It doesn’t help you, other affected customers, the dev team, Roon QA, Roon support, or our Community at large to continue grinding away at an issue that’s being addressed. It just creates negative energy and makes the forum uncomfortable to visit, so let’s not do that. I’d appreciate your help with this.

Please post your comments in the Main BBC Radio thread. This will help us to keep all of our communications in one place and make seeing updates on this topic easier. Again, we get that you’re over it, loud and clear. You’ve cancelled your subscription and plan to stream BBC in other ways, we’re sorry it’s come to that but we respect your position. We’re going to continue the fight and get this resolved. We hope to see you back once it’s remedied. I apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. :v: