Continually spinning wheel on top right of screen

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Rock 1.7 Build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ubiquiti Gigabit switches, router, and WiFi access points.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Roon core HDMI > AVR
Roon Core > Windows PC via Ethernet
Roon Core > Squeezeboxes and Sonos via WiFi

Description Of Issue

The spinning circle (music import indicator) continually spins on all room remotes (iPad, Windows OS) regardless of their OS. Noticed when adding an album from Tidal, album art does not appear although track data is added and can be played from Roon. When clicking on spinning circle, two messages are shown: “Adding Muisc to Library: Of X tracks, X added, 0 identified” and “Metadata Improver: Halted. Roon needs a software update.”

Four albums were added from Tidal. As albums were added the # of tracks to be imported, identified, etc. increased in the above message. I removed the albums and the tracks decreased accordingly but still have 19 unidentified tracks.

I have checked and as far as I can tell, I have the most up to date software. Roon core restarted without resolution to issue.

I would delete your email , who knows who will send you stuff !!!

Hello @Mark_Nelson, and welcome to the community! Could you elaborate on what your core is and did the metadata improver message return once you restarted it? Also, can you send me a screenshot of the prompt you get when you click on the spinning blue circle? Thanks!

Hello, Nuwriy. Thanks for responding.

My Roon core is running Roon Rock, built with an Intel NUC Kit NUC7i5BNH, 8 GB RAM, 120GB NVMe OS Drive, 2TB SATA SSD for music, mounted in an Akasa Plato X7 case. The entire system had been rebooted before, but the issue was still present and the “Metadata Improver” update request was still displayed. This was a few weeks ago. I’ve been noticing the spinning circle that long.

For fun, I just now went to the room “System Status” screen and clicked “Restart” under the “Roon Server Software” heading. THIS FIXED THE ISSUE. I’m unsure why a previous reboot of the whole thing didn’t “fix” it though. I am still showing the same versions of software as before so no update has taken place.

Thanks for reaching out to help solve my mini-calamity. Been loving Roon for about a year now and cannot imagine life without it!

I’ve attached the requested screenshots anyway in case that is still helpful for anything:

RoonScreenCapture1

1 Like

Hello @Mark_Nelson, that’s awesome news! Please let me know if either issue returns.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.