Continuing problems

Hi @dan,

Can you please share a short video or GIF regarding this behavior? You can create a GIF by using LICEcap.

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers yet?

Hi again I’ve been a little busy and this process is kind of tedious. Yes I changed graphic drivers and utilizing roon server alternative to no avail. Today I am sending a GIF to support of the start up thru to navigation of the site to see what they can do.

Can you try restart Roon not Roon core?

Thanks for your input, I am leaving this in supports hands and let them analyze the GIF.

Hi @dan,

Please post the .GIF here when it’s ready, you can upload it to the forum by using these instructions.

Hope this video helps.

Hi @dan,

It looks like the video you send it only 1 or 2 seconds long, and all I’m seeing in the few seconds that it is is that you’re on the “Choose your Core” screen.

Was this video taken on the PC that you’re trying to use as your Roon Core? If so, you will need to click on the “Use this PC” button to set up the Roon Core on the PC.

I obviously uploaded the video wrong or maybe not so obviously according to the insightful advice of asking me to click on a button to resolve my issue. Here is the full video which runs over 2 minutes. https://photos.app.goo.gl/APU81nRK6QGQEYZZ8

4 days is a long time without a reply

Hi @dan,

Thanks for sending the video. When I last checked on Friday, it was still processing and I see that today it finished and was available for viewing. I took a look over the video and it looks like something is going really wrong here that you have to minimize and maximize every time. I have a few suggestions:

1. Run this tool from Intel to check if you have the latest drivers for you on-board graphics card:
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

2. If the behavior is still the same after running the above tool, I would do a manual clean of the old Roon database:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder
  1. If the issue still occurs after resetting the Roon database, I would check the Operating System itself - do you have any available Windows updates pending?

Hi again, I have done all these steps previously. Once in awhile after multiple and consistent attempts I can get through to the Roon core and then navigate the page by minimizing and maximizing, or use my phone once the core is up. The downside is having to turn the computer off eventually and playing roulette to bring the Roon core up again at a later date. I am listening to Hi-Res for now and there is always direct Tidal if Roon fails so I can use my wireless system, but I would prefer if it could go back to the ways it was.

Hi @dan,

Thanks for running through those suggestions, and sorry to hear that they haven’t helped. Let’s proceed as follows:

1. Can you please let us know some more information regarding your Windows GPU? If you open up the start menu and type in “System Information”, can you please share a screenshot of both the System Summary and the Components -> Display section?

2. Can you check to see if you have the latest .NET framework installed? You can download it from:
    https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net48

3. Could you please send me a copy of your Roon logs by using these instructions? The best way to get them over would be via a shared Dropbox / Google Drive link, but if you don’t have either service just let me know and I can provide an alternate upload destination.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.