Control app keeps disconecting from core

Note my trial period has now expired (as of today) so will not be able to do anymore testing is there a solution to this ie extending the trial?

Hi @Luigi_Papagno,

Regarding your trial, please see the Private Message I sent you here on the site.

Regarding the zones – Can you verify what happens when you choose the Local PC Zone? Does the zone get selected but you can’t play back to it? Can you not select it at all?

Hi see attached screed shot it shows what I see when I select a local PC zone. In the background the zenith continues to play using squeezelite.

Hi @Luigi_Papagno,

When you pick a Zone, you aren’t transferring the queue from one Zone to another. With Roon, you can have different content playing in different Zones.

If you want to transfer what is playing to a new Zone, select the Squeezelite zone and right click the Zone name and choose transfer, as seen below:

After doing this does playback work for you on Local PC?

Yes that works fine just tried it.

Hi, I will be away for a few days now. Durring this time I am going to loan my Zenith to a friend to test he is familiar with roon and recomended it to me. He will use it in his sytem with his home network and try to replicate the issues. As soon as I get back I will let you know the outcome. If there is anything specific you want him to try if you let me know today I will pass it on. Thanks

Hi Dylan I’m back now. Below are the findings of Sean after using roon with the Zenith last week

“Issues with the Innuos when using Roon via IOS app. Switching from the track which is playing to another, the app locks up and doesn’t play the newly chosen track. Stop and reload the app and choose the track again and it works fine. This happens every time.
The second issue that I had was that when the Innuos was in Squeezelite mode it found the Prime Headphone DAC every time using Roon but as soon as I turned off Squeezelite mode although it detected the DAC as an audio device it said that it was unavailable.”

Hi @Luigi_Papagno,

Just to verify here, did the UI freeze for your friend, or did they experience the same exact issue where the app disconnects from the Core until it is closed and reopened, just like you’re seeing?

Since this also occurred on their network with their remotes, next I’d like to enable some diagnostics on your account so we can take a closer look. The next time this disconnect occurs please make a note of the time you see the disconnect and respond here with that time. Once I have the timestamp I’ll enable diagnostics.

Hi Dylan, I had a disconnect yesterday at arround 8pm BST. Music continued to play una ffected on the Zenith but the ipad app reported lost connection. The only way to re establish connection to change tracks etc was to close the app and restart it.

I have emailed my friend for confirmation of his findings and will let you know as soon as he responds.

Many thanks

Hi, My firend experienced the same issue as me ie disconnect but also experienced the additional issues detailed in teh previous post.

Thanks for confirming that, @Luigi_Papagno.

I tried enabling diagnostics on your account after your last message but, unfortunately the diagnostics report never came through. I tried once more just now and things seem to be working, so I’ll be sure to let you know what the team finds during their analysis of the report.

Just had another disconnect local time approx 4:45

Another disconnection at 13:45

Thanks, @Luigi_Papagno. The team is currently investigating this issue and I have passed along the logs. I can’t provide any specific timeframes here, but I’ll be sure to keep you updated when we have more information.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.