Control4 Extension Missing

Have a client with latest Roon on his Windows PC. Want to add it to Control4 the usual way. However the Control4 extension is not there. How can I manually add it to his Roon Core? Just says “no extensions discovered” I was under the impression it was automatically present in all builds of Roon Core now

Roon 2.0 build 1300 on a Windows 10

Thanks in advance

I think you have to download the modules. Check out this post:

Hi Geoff. I do have the Control4 modules, but the actual Roon Core is not showing the extension there. I need to enable the extension in the Roon Core in order for the Control4 modules to talk to it!

I don’t use Control4 myself, so I’m just guessing here, but where does the downloadable “Core driver” for Control4 get installed?

I’ve moved your post into the #professional-home-automation category of the forum. You’re more likely to get help there from the community. Hope someone rises to the challenge.

1 Like

The issue is not with anything control4 Geoff. The issue is the Roon core under extensions is not showing the control4 extension. This is usually automatically there

Well, again, I’m just guessing here, but I assume that the Core driver is installed on Control4 hardware elsewhere in the network, and it communicates with the Roon Core, which in this case is running on Windows.

Is this an issue with Windows Firewall? Do you need to add a firewall rule for Control4?

All my extensions are running on a RPi4, and the extensions are showing up in my Roon Core that is running on a ROCK/NUC - no Windows Firewall is involved here…

1 Like

The issue is the Core does not have the Control4 extension. This is not a network or firewall issue, there is simply no Control4 extension on the core for Control4 driver on the Control4 system to talk to.

I need to know where can I source the extension file and manually add it into Core (tried the Roon github). I’m spoiled by usually having it be already there which it does on other versions of Roon Core I have worked on (ROCK and Nucleus)

Is the Core Port different on a Windows machine?

client had bonkers second firewall running! I think I am there now thanks for the pointers

1 Like

Hi @Liam_McLaughlin ,

Glad to hear that reconfiguring the firewall fixed this issue! Please keep in mind that the Core IP must also be configured in Composer - Roon Core module for proper synchronization. We also have further documentation on our Knowledge Base here, in case it is needed:

1 Like