Convolution filter presets for headphone models

I assume you can as it’s the same engine. It does it resample like ARC or Roon remote app do though on Android and iOS but iOS with a DAC doesn’t. It doesn’t help us M11 Pro users.

1 Like

I downloaded the filter for some Fiio FH5 IEMs from here: https://phones.killdozer.uk

Plugged the 44.1 .wav file into the convolution into MUSE, and now the sound is dead, it’s like significantly quieter and just lacks any punch, it’s like in this tiny envelope, sounds no fun at all lol.

It’s like beyond clinical. I assume I’m doing something wrong.

Nope, FH5 got plenty of bass (I really like that iem) so the correction based on the convolution you download is gonna kill the bass.

Try to use https://autoeq.app/ if you want to correct the eq with harman, for example.

So I just get the 10 band equalizer equivalent and translate that into Muse? Thanks

U could pick wherever eq you want, but its easy via convolution.

But if you want to change the result, in advance you can choose. After pick you headphones, go to profile-advanced and pick another target.

But some headphones are better that other to eq’d. For my taste, relaxed or technical ones (fd7 / variations) respond better to adjust.

1 Like

It will be quieter as you have to reduce headroom when applying any EQ to avoid clipping. You just need to up the volume to compensate. Same when applying any EQ. It’s likely they are making some large adjustments to balance them if they are bass heavy. When its so large it takes some time to adjust as you have been listening for so long with large boosts. I have a similar issue with my Meze 99 Classics as they are very bass heavy and the corrections remove that. That said not all react well to being adjusted as they are tuned so much to get what they wanted out of them, deviate and it reveals the weakness in their design most likely.

1 Like

It would be nice to have a DSP preset associated per Endpoint, with an Endpoint able to support multiple DSP presets - so you can have a Zone for each set of headphones or speakers with the DSP setting preset even if they are using the same Endpoint.

@danny @brian @mike now you added MUSE to ARC, and MQA support (thank you) could you look at this request?

2 Likes