Cooking and music

I love listening to music while I cook. So I thought Id start a thread.

Listening to:

Cooking:

Making Miso soup from scratch using homemade dashi.

Various sushi rolls. Avocado/Cucumber, Oshinko (using my own pickled daikon), and Spicy California.

8 Likes

I listen to music while my wife cooks. :rofl: Best of both worlds.

9 Likes

You took the words out of my mouth Jim.
Im all ears for the " dinners on the table"
apart from that its music for me.

3 Likes

I’ll drink to that

2 Likes

I’ve never cooked anything in my life except maybe a steak on the grill (when we still had a grill) and a pizza in the oven. I am pretty good with the microwave.

2 Likes

My wife and I cook a lot. We have a little Sonos 2.1 system in the kitchen and another one in a little cocktail room adjacent to the kitchen. We listen to all kinds of stuff while cooking and having drinks. Just makes the whole experience that much more enjoyable.

5 Likes

I always cook dinner - I can work from home a lot and my better halve not… So cooking is done with music: volume and style depending on the mood I’m in…
Today it was good ol’ Yes with The Yes Album…

2 Likes

Sounds sooo good

I’m doing onigiri with one of my girls so she did choose the music (on an old laptop running RAAT on volumio with the old zendac to some computer desktop style speakers)

RoonShareImage-638121000048926590

6 Likes

I’m sure I’m showing my complete ignorance here but what is a cocktail room?

When my wife cooks then occasionally she wants her playlist on.
When I cook I either have my playlist on or if she is in supervisor mode a jointly acceptable playlist.
(I’ve been cooking Ragu for her for 38 years but apparently I still need to be watched in case I err)

I have a Sonos zp80 into a set of active speakers.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
some things can never happen without supervision…

4 Likes

This is brilliant, if it goes all pear shaped just put “Yours Is No Disgrace “ on repeat :repeat:

1 Like

Genuinely great idea for a thread IMHO. I really enjoy preparing food while listening at the end of a work day, great way to wind down in my book. Last nights cooking soundtrack while making veggie fish tacos with beer battered, deep fried banana blossom (really):

6 Likes

Just a room we set up with a fireplace, beefy rug, four comfy swivel/rocker chairs, a couple small cocktail tables and a sonos 2.1 system. Nice place to gather and converse with just the wife and I or with two others.

2 Likes

Great Idea for a thread . How about double points matching music to menu like the whisky thread ?

How about the Red Hot Chilli Peppers UGH :smiling_imp:

I cooked to AC/DC last night , bopping at the stove . I use an old iPad Mini BT to a Beoplay A1

Breakfast favourite

The Clarinet Concerto followed by the Oboe Concerto

Mitsuko gets look in regularly

4 Likes

Thanks!

Music even more so than an adult beverage, music has always been a companion in the kitchen.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

We have a similar room just off the kitchen. It’s our laundry room with washer and dryer. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Shakes, batters, and rolls.

2 Likes

We both listen to music when we cook, what goes on is highly dependant on my mood or general a continuation of what I was listening to. Mrs Hiopst is partial to a bit of Megan Trianer or Dua Lipa of late with the usual mix of Ms Swift of course.

Since my Squeezeboz Radio died late last year our kitchen music source have had to use my JBL Link 20 which was used for outside mainly it’s a tad boomy but helps get over the extractor noise.

1 Like