Core finds no drawers or storage (there's no path to follow)

Roon Core Machine

Mac Mini Server 2012

Networking Gear & Setup Details

LAN

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

i moved with my roon core like described here: https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/faq-how-do-i-move-my-collection-to-a-new-folder-hard-drive-or-nas-will-i-lose-my-edits#Steps

But in Step 6 roon finds no drawers or storages to add as media drawer. i can choose “ROCK internal storage” but then my songs are not connected to a file :frowning:

any ideas?

Add images

Can you please clarify the locations of the old and new Cores in your situation? Thanks.

its exactly the same.

before: roon core on Mac Mini 2012 with MacOS 10.15
after: roon core on Mac Mini 2012 with RockOS

i made a try now to delete the old pathes first and then add the “Internal storage” as media path. theems to work :slight_smile:

but thats not optimal! better would be a “change path”-function on every path.

You’re using the ROCK installer on a Mac Mini? Sorry, but this is not a supported configuration, so the Support Team will be unable to assist.

I’m moving this thread to the #tinkering category of the forum. A fellow tinkerer may be able to assist you further.

this is great support for a software, i pay 15$ per month for. really! i’m absolutely delighted :ok_hand: :roll_eyes:

with every day i use roon i regret this decision :angry:

Here’s a link to a thread concerning exactly what you’re trying to do. Maybe it’ll help or someone can help you. https://community.roonlabs.com/t/install-rock-on-a-mac-mini/219719

Please note that reading through the thread the use of Rock on a Mac mini appears to be problematic. As stated by Geoff it’s not a supported configuration and may be quite challenging.

this is no problem with the hardware. this is a problem with the software! because the drawer exists and will be accepted by roon. there is a bug in the file requester of roon that shows no drives oder drawers.

I sympathize with your plight, but Rock was not designed to run natively on a MAC mini. It was designed specifically for an Intel NUC. As a result, almost no one has tried to do this. I did a quick search and came up with someone who is currently attempting this like you. Reach out to him. Maybe he can help.

The problem is you are trying to run an OS on hardware it was not designed to run on. ROCK, as mentioned, is made to run on specific Intel Nuc Models. It only has the support built into the OS for that hardware, i.e. drivers etc.

Wasn’t there a patcher that allowed those older Macs to install the newer MacOS? Something like…

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.