Core isn't configured for access outside

Hello,
I still haven’t managed to connect the Arc to the Core.
Fritzbox 6591 rented from Vodafone Germany:
I have the message that
roon is not configured for outside access.
If anyone has a solution.

I would check with your ISP but I think they use a CGNAT and don’t provide connections which can use Port Forwarding via IPv4.

See this thread: Vodafone Germany: No port forwarding for home accounts. DS Lite Tunnelled IPv4 address that doesn't do port forwarding. [NOT Resolved for Most Users; See Posts. Roon Investigating]

If this is the case, you might be able to setup a unsupported work around with Tailscale VPN.

If the cause is DS-Lite:

It depends, possibly on region and type of connection (DSL, fiber, cable, …). It never hurts to call and ask them, they may just simply give you a proper IPv4 address instead.

Switching to a small business account may be possible as another option. They don’t require an actual business and cost barely more (depending on what the previous account was), and they provide a proper IPv4 address

I have cable connection 100 download with 10 upload. I looked at ipv 4, it says that the Fritzbox uses a DS-Lite tunnel, Cable Germany.
Honestly, switching to a business account doesn’t really excite me because I’m already paying 10 euros more for the subscription, 5 for the rent for the router and 5 for the price increase from May.
However, I will try to call him to find out if there is any possibility or something like nothing!!!

Yeah, that won’t work with ARC. Try calling them - maybe you need to do it more than once if the first support person doesn’t know. Chances are that it is not an issue and they will say “yeah sure no problem we’ll enable a real IPv4 address for you”

1 Like

Hello,
today I spoke with a very kind lady from vodafone who was not on the subject of ipv4 and after a short consultation with a colleague, I suppose! I was offered a new subscription with 250 downloads and 50 uploads with a static ipv4 address at the same price!
Now another life! :partying_face:
Roon ARC works.
I want to thank you for the advice that encouraged me!

2 Likes

Hello,
I have to make a correction, if this is relevant, I actually received an individual dynamic ipv4 address. I looked in the contract some time ago, not a static address.
Sorry!
I tested the ARC today and it works great.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.