Core not supporting ARC sky router U.K [Solved: McAfee Firewall]

Is the switch in the lounge also.

If so, try plugging the ethernet from the router into the core directly. See if you can now get ARC.

I take it that there is a single ethernet between router and switch.

Just trying to eliminate possible, even if unlikely causes.

Yes it is so will do that tomorrow and hope it’s not true switch causing oribsvas the sound is better linked to switch which wasn’t cheap!
But as you say important to eliminate all possibles

So I tried this using 1 Wi-Fi connection only 2 with switch. 3 with direct Ethernet to router. The error messages for all 3 copied below so clearly not the switch

With no switch wi fi only

{

“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect EHOSTUNREACH 51.146.39.104:55000, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},

“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“51.abc.abc.xxx”,“router_external_ip”:null},

“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},

“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}

}

With switch

{

“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},

“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“51.abc.abc.xxx”,“router_external_ip”:null},

}

{

“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},

If it’s a PC is it running windows, if so check the firewall and just switch off for a quick test.

1 Like

It is windows 10 pro but surely multiple people do same as me for a Roon core. I will try tho as clearly running out of all options.
I am intrigued as one other responder here has same router as me and he had no problems at all.
Frustrating as now sure if his set up

Bugger it works . It was macafee live safe running my firewall. So how do I protect. Will turn on again and see if it lets me through

1 Like

So it doesn’t work when I turn it back on. Question is how to enable arc Roon thru firewall with macafee will investigate

firewalls tend to let traffic out and let the return traffic back in as it is trusted (called stateful)

arc is only coming in so the firewall can’t trust the source so blocks

you need to create an inbound rule that allows tcp traffic over port 55000 (or whatever is set in roon core for arc)

Hmm not sure I can see how todo this. But at least you have help identify problem. Given now popular macafee is I thought there would be loads of people with this.
Thanks

no idea of the version but this may help

just do one rule for tcp

https://www.mcafee.com/support/?articleId=TS100887&page=shell&shell=article-view

Thanks managed to set up a rule in the firewall section tho not where macafee advised.
Will do screenshots for others but as pc is behind tv it’s awkward just now but solution.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Alister_Scott1,

Just to confirm, port forwarding is functioning, and you’re not experiencing connectivity issues with ARC? I’ve marked your post as a solution, but the team is standing by and watching for your response just in case.